Board Tile Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Jon, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

From the Card Hunter Help page:

CH Terrain Attachments.JPG

It was felt that large monsters taking damage from all the squares they were standing on was leading to them dying too quickly, largely thanks to Wall Of Fire I imagine, hence the change.

Personally I'd prefer that they took damage once from each source that they were standing on, so that if you expend double the cards you get double the damage and could have it affected by both high damaging lava and armour eating acid.

Stefan likes this.
  2. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

Edit: Wow, somehow Assussanni's post didn't load for me so I shouldn't bother reposting! :p

3. Ayup

Ayup Kobold

Was playing Compass of Xorr at 9:20PM CST. Most of the tile and NPC textures were placeholders on the map. The only thing showing up correctly was the health. The PCs were fine. I restarted the game and the module and found that for the most part nothing had changed though some of the tiles and NPCs were showing that weren't before and some that were before were not now. Apologies if this is a duplicate post.

4. Dash

Dash Mushroom Warrior

Yeah, I'd prefer that they took damage once per type of terrain. So even if you used Hot Spot + Wall of Fire, they'd take 10 (not 20), but if you used Hot Spot + Acid Blast they'd take 13 and discard their armor.

5. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

I agree with the taking one type of terrain damage, but hot Spot and Firewall create the same terrain, so I wouldn't see it counting twice.

6. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

The new doodads (notebook, deck of cards) may cause visual issues with some dead figure markers. In Gladiatorial Arena, Finals, in the second fight (Semi Final), there's a marker squeezed between the large doodads at the top: if the 2x2 Tall Beech Tree is placed there, it partially falls on the notebook's graphic.

7. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

Placing/seeing dead markers is a royal PITA, I'll fix these for next release. Thanks!

8. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

On "Ruby Inner Ring", the two pillars at the back of the room are not blocked terrain whereas the rest of the pillars are blocked terrain.
    [​IMG]

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

First battle of Return to Astral Shrine, missing black border on wall next to rook:

minions.png

10. Sir Knight

Are "doodad" bugs the same category as board tile bugs? The small white die with the number 2 facing up has a graphical artifact off to one side. A black smudge is extending through the air off to the right (and slightly up).

Before I posted this, I believe there was also a thicker smudge off to the left, but it looks like you already erased that.

11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

In the third map of Black Oaken Heart (Dense Woods) you fight five enemies worth one star each, but only need 3 stars to win.

In the second map of White Star (The Winding Shaft) you fight 12 enemies worth one star each, but need 14 stars to win.

12. Ben_Lee

Yes it is, I'll have a look for that one, thanks!

13. Ben_Lee

Thanks for those, fixed in the next build.
    (Not at a board tile bug though, just post these in the main bug forum please :)

14. ghentooo

ghentooo Kobold

The preview of cautious snk. and acid spray did not work correctly for the "bridge tiles" in the level the vile altar.

[​IMG]
    In this screenshot my mouse is hovering above the movement card. Later on the preview for acid spray where not shown correctly in the upper part of the level.

Attached Files:

15. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Cautious Sneak makes you have to end your turn next to blocking terrain - as per card rules. So that's correct - nonviable squares are not previewed.

Ben_Lee likes this.
  16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Look! New art in the board editor!

Look again! Missing art in the board editor!
    Zen tiles: Zenpillar2
    Melvin: ninth decal (after the water)
    Water: 23rd decal (last one)

My monitor isn't big enough to show everything in the table junk palettes. The last things I see are:
    GM Avatar: Melvin's box
    Player Aids 1: Undead Encounter
    Player Aids 2: BM keychain (also, the tickets should have different serial numbers)

And I wonder how many people notice that the unnamed decal palette has all the shadows.

17. 3beaner

3beaner Guild Leader

Several game boards have too many victory stars. The first battle of Defense of Woodhome has 2 extra victory stars and the second battle has 1 extra star.

The extra victory stars can confuse a player who may think there is another wave of monsters coming or some alternate victory point condition to achieve. That would be cool but as of now, neither of these scenarios exist. The end result is a small bug that doesn't affect gameplay but can confuse players and ultimately prevents Cardhunter from feeling polished to a gleaming enough shine to go live.

also posted in the original thread: https://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/bug-woodhome-graveyard.2926/

18. Sir Knight

The third battle of Lord Batford's Manor has a tile with a "door" graphic (one-half of a double-door) that is marked as Open Terrain. It's toward the bottom right. All other "doors" are Blocked.

19. Sir Knight

This is not a gameplay-affecting error, just a visual one. In the third battle of Ruby Demon Portal, the sinister black plinths and the jagged terrain underfoot can't agree on which should be the top graphical layer. That is, the plinths are supposed to have a solid black edge to indicate they are Blocked Terrain, but for SOME of them the jagged terrain overwrites an edge.

20. Sir Knight

Another visual error. In Kobold Encampment, the knife-and-plate graphics can't agree on whether they should be above or below the shadow effect. The one at the top of the screen is under shadow, while the one at the right is above shadow.