Board Tile Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Jon, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

There's an oddity with the "Difficult" staircase in Mother Lode, the last battle of The White Star. Pokkin (or you) can just go around the corners and ignore the terrain. This might be intended, but it was treated as something to fix the last time I mentioned this sort of thing, so I bring it up now.

2. mazlov

mazlov Kobold

I had an issue last night with some tiles appearing with upside down exclamation points on them and the message "OPEN Costs one move point to enter. Doesn't block sight." when I right clicked them. They appeared randomly on several maps and only seemed to affect normal "open" terrain squared. They didn't appear on every map, but consistently throughout my play session and usually at least one map per module.

So far today I have not had them appear. I didn't think to grab a screenshot of them.

3. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

This also seems to happen on the last map of "The Sinister Wood" - "Enchanted Thicket"

4. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

I just extended the stairs out into the corners. Thanks!

5. Ben_Lee

Can you repro this?

6. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

I'll give it a go, i'll try and corall another enemy into that corner (and take the entire log if I succeed).

7. Hessian

Hessian Orc Soldier

[​IMG]

Here is an example from the War monkeys scenario. You can see the monkey (barely) on the victory tile. My elf had died the previous turn. Perhaps the monkey is... irrepressible!

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

All overturned stools are Difficult terrain in Scenario=Lizard Feast Hall, Room=SLUB. But in Scenario=Prison Warden, Room=RESC, RoomID=83955 the overturned stool and wine rack are Open terrain.

9. Ben_Lee

Fixed for next build, thanks!

10. Rambutan

Rambutan Kobold

On Frozen Bridge (BTFE), trying to see past Impassable terrain limited my Dash to 2 spaces (when trying to move diagonally around it).

11. Ben_Lee

Unsure what you mean, could you please post a screenshot?

12. Rambutan

Rambutan Kobold

I lost it, sorry. I was thinking about what happened, though, and I think it's probably because there was an enemy adjacent to my destination. There's a mechanic where terrain next to enemies becomes Difficult, right? Because that would do it.

13. Ben_Lee

That is correct. All squares surrounding an enemy figure are difficult.

14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Scenario=Arena Battle 1-3,Room=ARN0
    Last battle of arena qualifiers, some of the walls near victory squares are missing black outlines.

Also, module cover doesn't say how many battles there are.

15. Ben_Lee

Fixed the wall tiles for next build, thanks!
    The module cover is supposed to look different.

16. I noticed this when I was playing tonight. I hope this is the right thread for it. Screen Shot 2013-07-05 at 2.42.50 AM copy.png

17. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Looks like a missing doodad. Either they changed something - or you're not loading properly (seems to happen on rare occasions). Either way, it's an ok place to post it I'd say - if you want to make sure it's a permanent error - close the client and restart to see if there's any change.

18. Good idea. I already completed the adventure, so I'll have to try it again tomorrow.

Pengw1n likes this.
  19. Tried this again tonight, and the error is gone. Must have been a browser issue like Pengw1n said.

20. Dash

Dash Mushroom Warrior

Sorry, I don't have a screenshot, but:
    When fighting a large enemy (one of the Ogres in High Mountain Pass), I used terrain effects to get it where the Ogre was standing on one Lava square and one Acid square. He took 10 from the lava, but was unaffected by the Acid.