Board Tile Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Jon, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Also, the last battle in Lair of the Rose Dragon (Carlinian the Fuschia (otherwise known as Greenfang (yeah, you know this needs editing))) has exactly one dead figure marker, and it's inside the big block of wall sections right near the entrance. I have a dead party member standing on it like a stage projecting into the lair. My next dead party member just vanished and is nowhere to be seen.

2. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

Got, it, thanks!

3. Sir Knight

In the third battle of Lair of the Rose Dragon, there's a dead figure marker too close to the edge of the bottom part of the map (lower left side of the screen). When you place a figure on it, the base of the figure partially overlaps the board.

4. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Dead enemy figure spot on the top of the board of first map of Lair of the Trog Wizard (Scuttler warren)

5. Sir Knight

I was mistaken about the last battle in Lair of the Rose Dragon having "exactly one dead figure marker." There's a second, but it's also problematic: it's toward the bottom of the screen, within the jagged edge of the board.

This doesn't explain how the second dead figure of mine completely vanished in my above post.

6. Ben_Lee

Fixed next release, thanks!

7. Sir Knight

In Goblins in the Woods, in battle 4 (Grunt Patrol), a tile looks like Blocked terrain but is actually Open. There's a black-outlined shrub between the middle and right bridges: that's Open terrain somehow.

8. Ben_Lee

fixed next release, thanks!

9. Sir Knight

Are there supposed to be victory squares in the last battle of Lord Batford's Manor? Because there aren't any right now.

10. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Interesting question, i assume you base it on the fact that there are in the other manor right? I honestly think it would make the map too hard as its already full of very strong units and its too cramped to rush in any way making a decently hard map even harder.

11. Sir Knight

If I win that fight, I win it in about the same number of rounds that I win in Lord Stafford's Treasure. All it needs is an 8-victory-point requirement for Gary and it would be fine. Besides, it makes for an absurd scene watching Lord Batford charge out from behind the objects he smashed and toppled in his own defense. (Also, "yay, the challenge in this level is 'the boss is inconvenienced'.")

12. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

The thing is the first one is slow because of how many items are in the way this one is just plain hard. So unless you make the number ridiculously high i don't like the idea and if you do what is the point.

13. Ben_Lee

There are no intended victory squares on this board. We'll keep an eye on this for difficulty tuning though, thanks!

14. A88mph

A88mph Mushroom Warrior

I noticed that on the Prison Catacombs level, there is no door from the dog yard. Its all walls, and no enterence.

15. Ben_Lee

The Prison Catacombs board has a spiral staircase in each corner. Is that the one you meant?

16. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Technically not a board tile bug but since it's map related, I'll add it here instead of making a new thread.

Woodhome River has too many VP stars listed. There's only six enemies, each giving one VP, but there's room for 10 stars in the points display:

[​IMG]

17. Sir Knight

I think the last map of The Sinister Wood has no dead figure markers. I destroyed the big tree and it didn't go anywhere on the table. (I was thereafter distracted by violence and didn't watch the remaining pieces, but the big tree was certainly nowhere to be found.)

18. Ben_Lee

Yup, it was one short. Fixed next release!

19. Sir Knight

In Temple of Scales, neither Dome of Heads nor Chamber of the Golden Scale (third and fourth battles) have dead figure markers. It seems to take me awhile to notice these things, so there might be other maps in the same module with this issue.

Also, in Chamber of the Golden Scale, are the burning pedestal things in the ritual dais area supposed to be Open terrain? They render the "Difficult" staircase less effective, since one can just go around in the corner. Likewise, are the bookshelves at the sides, slab with symbols and bones on it, and the floor grating at the top all supposed to be Open?

20. Ben_Lee

I just fixed the terrain (for next release) but the dead markers are unfortunately there, which means there is a separate problem with dead figures at the moment.