Board games!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Megadestructo, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Zeetoois

Zeetoois Mushroom Warrior

I was on a Settlers of Catan kick for quite some time. There's also a random card game called BANG! that I've been playing with some friends recently. Deranged spaghetti western shenanigans. Always some Killer Bunnies. Man, I need to find some more serious board games. Maybe it's time to pull out the ol' Arkham Horror...

2. IshidaTsuki

IshidaTsuki Orc Soldier

Some Space Hulk, Arkham Horror and a Game called Quarriors, which is kinda a Dominion with dice. Lots of Dice. So much fun :D

3. Grombak

Grombak Orc Soldier

I decided yesterday to try soloing Arkham Horror, spent 2 hours to seperate the Core Game from all the expansions.

4. IshidaTsuki

IshidaTsuki Orc Soldier

Always great fun trying to seperate all your expansions from the core game.... FFG stuff in general is terrible in this regard. My favorite weekend was the one we decided to control all the Games of they are complete or not... Never again.

5. Grombak

Grombak Orc Soldier

Haha, I have to do this sometimes. On my next vacation, maybe, if I do not have ANY other plans xD

IshidaTsuki likes this.
  6. Scyrax

Scyrax Mushroom Warrior

My current go-to board game is Dominion (just missing the most recent expansion) but I've had runs with a lot of different games. Settlers, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Carracossone (spelling?), Key Harvest are the ones that immediately come to mind.

7. CletusVanDamme

CletusVanDamme Mushroom Warrior

There is just no way I'd sit down and try to seperate my Arkham Horror core set from the expansions. If I'm playing without specific expansions I just ignore draws with those expansion's symbols on them but mostly we play with everything. It's brutal.

I have played it online a couple of times with old friends on Vassal, though, where you can basically tell it from which expansions to add content to the decks. It's pretty great all around actually, the setup and strip down times are completely nulled. Would particularly reccomend that method for solo play.

Grombak likes this.
  8. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Munchkin if anything its hard to get together since i moved

Heard a lot of good stuff about arkham horror but never even seen the game

Harandir likes this.
  9. IshidaTsuki

IshidaTsuki Orc Soldier

Got get it, it's fantastic for an evening with candlelight int the basement anda few friends :D

Harandir likes this.
  10. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Yup, Arkham Horror is awesome - suffers from FFG's "expanionitis" though, too much stuff to keep track off!

11. Grombak

Grombak Orc Soldier

I read the AH module for vassal was put down by FFG? Lets see if I can find it anyways...

12. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Elder sign seams like Arkham horror light

Harandir likes this.
  13. IshidaTsuki

IshidaTsuki Orc Soldier

It kind of is. Worth checking out, not as deep fun as Arkham Horror though. Elder Sign has also a great Android App :D /advertise_like_shameless_*****s

Harandir likes this.
  14. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Orc Soldier

iPhone/iPad as well. Elder Sign is great as a mobile game. As a matter of fact, I do most of my board/card gaming on my iPhone anymore. I have a decent physical collection, but I just seem to be too lazy to take any of it out lately. Well, it doesn't help that I have to break out the card table and rearrange a bunch of stuff every time I want to play a boards game. If I had more room and a permanent table, I'm sure I'd play ALOT more board games, because I do seriously enjoy them.

That said, I'm really looking forward to Kingpin coming out on iOS. You can supposedly already get it for Android.

Edit: Never mind about Kingpin. I just read on BGG that the "single player" mode is going to be a series of puzzles and not actually playing against an AI opponent. LAME.

15. Ezekremiah

Ezekremiah Kobold

7 Wonders (only have the Leaders expansion so far, am looking to get Cities), Settlers of Catan, Battlestar Galactica (all expansions, we vary which game-variant we play), Tsuro, Small World, Descent. We've also recently picked up Star Wars: X-Wing - it's technically a miniatures game rather than a board-game (in the traditional sense), but still very good fun.

When I say "we", I'm lucky enough to have a small group of people that I work with that have very similar card/board gaming interests - I joined the group when they started playing V:TES, but we've recently branched off to include board-games too.

16. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Elder Signs is basically Cthulhu Yahtzee and I love it. All the flavor of Arkham Horror in 1/3 the time. I still love AH but if I want to fit in more than one game in the evening, Elder Sign is a go-to for me.

Harandir, IshidaTsuki and Korisi like this.
  17. Hessian

Hessian Orc Soldier

ZOMBIES!!!! Its a great board game :D

Harandir likes this.
  18. Grombak

Grombak Orc Soldier

My friends didn'like ZOMBIES!!! that much. Thats why we never play it, but I actually think its quite fun.

Harandir likes this.
  19. Caleb

Caleb Kobold

Cosmic Encounters, Summoner Wars, Pandemic, and... i play too many :confused:
    in our playing group we have more than 400+ board games :D

20. IshidaTsuki

IshidaTsuki Orc Soldier

To be honest, never played ZOMBIES!!!!, but really wanted to... How good is it?