Blizkenripper's Capture

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Youbo, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Bluemage -> Flaxative -> Kalin -> Farbs -> ???
    Chain must go on :D

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Because @Kalin once made a scenario exploiting the upper doodas. Or was it @Sir Knight ?

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

We both did, but that doesn't mean we know how they work.:p

4. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

Well, @Kalin wrote the FAQ in the forum here, and in it he said he wasn't sure how they worked. I'll experiment with them when I get home.

5. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Actually I think grapefrukt wrote that code. I'll take a look at it though.

6. Youbo

Youbo Orc Soldier

Thank you! That was it! Here is a new version with upper doodads and some shadows at the exit.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    Farbs likes this.
  7. Farbs

Yep, it looks like @Kalin is correct. Whoops.

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Just out of curiosity, what were the numbers supposed to mean?

9. Farbs

They were supposed to mean what order to use them in but, uh, Martin's code doesn't do that.

Pawndawan and Flaxative like this.
  10. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

Okay, finally beat it. I think adding one more victory point to the dragon's total would make it slightly more forgiving, the very first time I played it, I ran out of time one turn before I would have gotten him, since he sat on the VPs most of the time. But it's doable, with some luck and good draws

It's definitely a challenge, I think it'd be one many gamers would have to try more than once, which is clearly not a dealbreaker for Mauve Manticore style modules, just from taking a look over at the threads there. The map layout's clear and I think does what you intend. The only problem I ran into was the dragon sitting on the VPs a couple times. Well, that and the damn reflective blocks.

11. Youbo

Youbo Orc Soldier

I am beating it 3 time out of 4 but then again, I did make the map. It's not supposed to be easy, but not hard either. If more players comment that it is too hard, I can change the victory points but this is something easy for BM to adjust depending on how difficult they want it to be.

Also,what do you guys think of the shadows? Should I keep them or return to the old version?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  12. Youbo

Youbo Orc Soldier

Since it seems this is all the reviews/comments I am getting, I went ahead and submitted it to Mauve Manticore.

13. wynillo

wynillo Kobold

Seems like it is purely luck based.. sad

14. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

You do realise that this map has been accepted into MM?

seth arue likes this.