Blizkenripper's Capture

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Youbo, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Youbo

Youbo Orc Soldier

Hello everyone,

This is my first map. It is set after the artifacts escape from Aloyzo's laboratory but before your visit to Black Plume Mountain.

Pre-Battle text: With the Elder Brain and Grendel under your siblings' control, there is only one thing left you need and it is right in front of you. Of course, the great white wyrm is not going to submit to you that easily. He lets out a mighty roar as some of his followers arrive to protect their master and you charge in with some of the most robust machines you stole from your creator as you rebelled and a mind flenser from Riptide at your side. Blizkenripper must not escape or all your plans will be forfeit!

Post-Battle text: The once awe-inspiring dragon now lie defeated at your feet-or would have if you had any. While the mind flenser work his magic on your soon-to-be greatest ally, you gloat loudly as nobody can stop you now. World domination is soon! Or so you thought.

Blizkenripper's Capture.jpg

Tips: You only need to kill Blizkenripper,everything else is optional.
    Mental Flensing is an instant-kill even on the dragon. Just make sure to remove blocks and armor first.
    The golems have shredding strike and Blackhammer have unnerving strike for armor and blocks.
    Just bashing the dragon to death is also viable. Blackhammer have some serious damage.
    Don't take too long or your prey will escape!
    No victory points are awarded for killing minions.

What do you guys think? I wanted to have only 1 row of VP because 2 is kinda ugly but the AI seems to just ignore them without 2 row,anyone got an fix?. Did you find it too hard?Too easy?I tried to decorate as well as I could, is there anything that should be improved?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  2. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Whorl = He
    Riptide = She
    BlackHammer = It

3. Youbo

Youbo Orc Soldier

Really? It seems pretty inconsistent if some are refered as people while others as objects when they are the same things.

4. BlackVoidDeath

I didnt chose their Genders - Blue Manchu did

5. Youbo

Youbo Orc Soldier

Changed the ''brothers'' in pre-battle text to ''siblings'' according to what BVD said. Can anyone confirm?

Also,over 100 views but nobody got any comments/suggestions?

6. BlackVoidDeath

i get that too

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I've yet to test it, give me some time brother :)

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  8. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

Well, I just lost my first time through, but I haven't played the expansion yet, so I'll make that my excuse. I just let myself get distracted by the minions and run out of time.

The only technical thing I'd note is that it seems like you haven't placed any spots for the figures to go when they go off the board, is that correct? They're the numbered circles in the upper doodad layer, each number represents a group, so for yours, group 1 on the dragon side would be the dragon figure, and so on.

More balance etc comments once I have another chance or two to run through it.

9. Youbo

Youbo Orc Soldier

I can't get the upper doodads to work correctly. Are you sure each number represent a group? When testing they just get taken by whoever die first. Also, I see 10 number available for each color but we can only have 5 group per team?

10. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Nope, they do not represent groups. They just determine the placement for where the first, second, third, ... character of each team to die is moved upon death.

11. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

I think it's by group. That's how I set them up on my map, but I can't say that I actually checked to see if they went the ones for the group. Kalin's walkthrough doesn't say either. I just assumed it.

EDIT: I'll have to test it based on the ones where I put multiple for a number and see how they land.

12. Youbo

Youbo Orc Soldier

I just tested, its not like that either. There is obviously an order but I can't figure out how it correlate with the numbers.

13. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

Somebody get @Flaxative to this thread, stat!

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I actually know next to nothing about the upper doodads. Try @Kalin.

15. BlackVoidDeath

Why?

16. BlackVoidDeath

Upper doodads? - its working fine for me :confused:

17. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

Because he knows next to nothing about upper doodads, of course!

Sir Veza likes this.
  18. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Did you account for blue being one team and red being the other?

19. Youbo

Youbo Orc Soldier

Yup. The dead AIs correctly take blue spots and dead players correctly take red spots. I separated the teams so it was easy to see but they don't respect the numbers.

20. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Why do you think I know how they work? @Farbs is the guy in charge of the board editor.

EDIT:
    Just did a quick test scenario, and the color of the markers determines which side's chars use them, but the numbers are completely ignored. The first of player 0's chars to die is placed on the first blue marker added to the board, etc.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    Youbo likes this.