Bill's leadership-volcano deck

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by billiska, Aug 19, 2015.

1. billiska

billiska Ogre

I'm sharing my volcano deck which is stable at 1600+.
    Having gone through many iterations of evolutions,
    I feel it might have come to its final form.
    Or maybe not, if you can help point out an improvement.

"Your deck really grants satisfaction one-way" - Robauke
    I suppose it's from the way this deck will hit draw limit a lot of times in a game.
    Most of the opponent action is thus to click 'pass'.
    I guess that feels boring for many people.

<'how to play' omitted because I'm currently lazy. might update later.>

Have 2 of the following priest:

Aux Priest
    Level 22 Human Priest

Volcano guy
    Level 1 Human Wizard
    Mordecai's Staff Of Magma
    Mordecai's Staff Of Magma
    Ring Of Appropriation
    Asmod's Telekinetic Chain
    Asmod's Telekinetic Chain
    Overheated Mesmerizer
    Warp Robes
    Captain Cedric's Boots
    Advanced Flexibility
    Electroporter Novice

2 x Stone Spikes
    1 x Gusts Of War
    2 x Flanking Move
    4 x Flash Of Agony
    1 x Spark Inductor
    1 x Hypnotic Beacon
    1 x Brain Burn
    2 x Leadership
    1 x Spark Generator
    6 x Telekinesis
    1 x Dangerous Maneuver
    1 x Team Walk
    1 x Mystical Drakehide
    1 x Slowed
    9 x Volcano
    2 x Dimensional Traveller

Note:
    • Leadership is a good combo with Toughened Hide Strips
    • It's important to know that while cards drawn with Leadership doesn't count against draw limit, but Leadership will not draw any card if your draw limit already hit 0. An important thing to note when playing this deck.
    • This deck is quite pre-ETTSC expansion. So, maybe you can point out some new item that I'm not aware of that could fit this deck.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  2. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I tried the new warpers on a cycle heavy wizard like the one of Neocat. Against the many raging warriors it does a lot of damage even without a volcano. ;) Unfortunatly I dont have the Reality Warper, which will be a nice items for the two wiz and one priest builds, because all three cards are great in that build. Guess it will take a while until I have one, not to speak of four.
    For a two priest and one wiz build your deck looks great. Only question is, whether the Warp Robe is better than a Robe Of Lightness. And how you handle all the card draw. Even with only one priest I hit often enough the draw limit.

3. billiska

billiska Ogre

IMO, Reality Warper is superior than Flame Warper even with burn wizard because it's hard to get control card on other slots than arcane items.

Hover makes you miss out on the effect of Bless. While Dimensional Traveller allows you to get bless even when ending your turn on adjacent spot to bless.

As long as I get to the draw limit, I'm likely to have some leadership which improve my chance of having cards that suits the situation. For example, if I'm nearing the draw limit with my hand still full of Inspiration or Cleansing Ray, I'd leadership those away.

Obernoob and Sir Veza like this.
  4. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Liked simply for the Robauke quote

5. doog37

doog37 Hydra

I have been thinking about an AT/Blessnado build and once I get over the fact that I only have 1 Mordecai's even if I just got a Wym's it comes down to the fact that you need a lot of yellow tokens.

With all of that said I would recommend being on the lookout for Disruptive Warp Pistols. It is clearly the best of the 3 rare AT items. WWE might not be the crazy reset it once was, but it can encourage enemies to use moves and Force Cannon is not as good as TK or SPR but it has 1 more in range and again forces a move.

The Caustic Warper has some value as well. Acid Blast is not something I would seek out in this type of build, but it can once again encourage a move to be used, and the force cone is one of the most underused cards in MP, as a Cone 4 it has quite a good range and slides back 2 and can be a strong counter to Dash or Sprint team approaches (as long as they don't surround you).

Granted I would take a Reality Warper over any of the other AT items, but seeing how I don't have more than 2 of any legendary (and 0 of lots of them including Reality Warper) I have been gathering AT items for the ultimate Cheeze build and wishing I had a 2nd mordecai's...