Beta Officially Announced as Coming Soon at PAX Prime 2012

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hajeil Sounak, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Tess

Tess Blue Manchu

Nice answer, Roshirai!

Nice try, Dhramund...

Do not underestimate my hordes of robo-minions!

Here's the thing: Human load-testing is a part of the beta process, but it's a terrible way to find and document bugs and gameplay feedback (and I know you good folks are going to have some thoughts you want to share!). Server problems interrupt your play, and that gets in the way of that whole process. So, what we want is a good, stable server that will give all the beta testers a solid play experience that gives you a chance to really kick the tires and put Card Hunter through its paces.

Our server stayed up, for all of Pax, and it was great! I was proud about that. But, that was just four concurrent players. That's small potatoes. I think this server can handle a lot more than that, but I want to know what kind of numbers we can handle right now. The more robo-players can get in there and bumble their way around the game, the more confidence we have letting more beta testers in sooner -- and that's great for all of you.

2. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I envision a bizarre scene where, in true "it happens in movies so it must be possible" fashion, the "robo-minions" are accidentally left running and then later show up in play. A heap of goblin minions, a heap of skeletal minions . . . WHOA IT'S TESS'S ROBO-MINIONS! The mechanized army marches unhindered across my playfield in its ceaseless quest to annihilate all carbon life! Run! RUN FOR THE WIRELESS PORT!

Dhramund likes this.
  3. A Bear

A Bear Goblin Champion

Affirmative human person! Robots will be needed for playing first. 00110000111010101!

4. Dhramund

Dhramund Mushroom Warrior

Yeah it was a pretty weak argument and I know it. :( I don't want you to feel I don't appreciate your efforts, as that is the complete opposite of the truth. As a server admin I am well aware of the many benefits of automated load testing. You can get the kind of load you want exactly when you want it and view/log the effects.

I do not underestimate the power nor value of your robo-minions, very useful tools when wielded properly. I just ask you please don't unleash them on us. We will have Sir Knight running all over trying to find a wireless port. (Great stuff there, kudos for that visual.) Well not until we have a chance to level up and get some good gear. :cool: That might be a fun module now that I think of it. Might be a bit of a stretch for the lore, but fun idea nonetheless.

5. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

No problem: April Fool's expansion pack.