Beta Feedback on RNG

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by TheOneBigOne, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

Reviewing 227931, which pulled 3 walk cards. That's 3 of the 4 that were in the deck at the time. So in 18 draws (half the deck), he pulled 3/4 of his walk cards (and 6/19 attacks). That's actually not that improbable.

2. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

I really really RESPECT you (j-wiz) for taking time out on your precious weekend to personally deal with 1 complaint. You need to be commended for your customer service attitude. :)

[​IMG]

j-wiz and Blindsight like this.
  3. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

Good works son. Good works.

4. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

Just because I already know dice hate me (all perception and correct randomness) thought I'd throw this out there:

Made a deck with as many Harnesses as I could to try to turn armor rolls for me instead of not using them at all...

Event=TriggerFail,Trigger=Thickened Mail,TriggeringActor=Gor,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=PreDamage,TriggerLocation=Hand
    Event=TriggerFail,Trigger=Heavy Armor,TriggeringActor=Gor,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=PreDamage,TriggerLocation=Hand
    Event=TriggerFail,Trigger=Enchanted Harness,TriggeringActor=Gor,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=PreDamage,TriggerLocation=Hand
    Event=TriggerFail,Trigger=Leather Harness,TriggeringActor=Gor,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=PreDamage,TriggerLocation=Hand

That's 4, 5+ armor rolls with +3 to my rolls that failed. Nothing wrong with the RNG. This is just how my life goes. Haha. I did however get a block roll a few turns before! That's rare!

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Speaking of randomness, last night I opened a chest in MP (second bonus chest) and got Superb Electromancy, Superb Electromancy, Superb Electromancy, and Focused Electromancy.

I know your source of random numbers is good, but maybe your efforts to make bonus chests better than regular ones is getting stuck? I wouldn't comment if it was just two copies of something, but three copies of a level 18 uncommon plus a related rare is remarkable. (The club reward was Turquoise Robes, another rare wizard item, but unrelated to sparking.)

6. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Don't think chests or drops use the same rng seed as card draws, the stores are are in need of better spawn settings (lots of duplicates). I guess it's based around items per type % or something like that.

7. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

skip_intro and Pengw1n like this.
  8. Lomi

Lomi Kobold

I am still not sure what the OP thinks is happening. What does he think the RNG is doing in it's broken-ness? Does he think the RNG somehow knows which cards are attack and which ones are block/move? Surely to the RNG each card looks exactly the same, and therefore it would never have any bias towards a certain type of card even if it were broken.

As I said before it would take more programming to get it to be broken in such a way than it would do to just make it work as intended.

RattyZ and skip_intro like this.
  9. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

Locking thread, just retreading upon retreading of ground.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.