Beta Build 1.9 (6 Feb 2013)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

This is the build that you will get from the new server URL.
    • Fixed ogre pass board.
    • Fixed tough hide shirt art.
    • Added many more Arcane Items.
    • Numerous changes to card min levels and rarities; added about 25 new low-level Arcane Items.
    • Added art for Arcane Spray card
    • Lots of new arcane item art.
    • Better handling of server shutdown.
    • Added/fixed death markers for Frozen Earth Adventure.
    • Clean up logs from staging server.
    • Improvements to the build deployment process.
    • Gary gives pizza to buy Defense of Woodhome.
    • Give player 20 pizza when first visiting costume store.
    • Reset account clears purchased figures.
    • DB reset procedure clears figures and adventure purchases (patch 45).
    • Deploy script can set up paypal info too.
    • Update keystore with deployment.
    • Update tools with build deployment.
    • Use a load balancer for connections.
    • Added dead figure spots for "Core" Adventure boards.
    • Added an exclamation point to Brains! art.
    • In starter pack purchase logs, only log the pack name and not the long description.
    • Made Stone Spikes rare; added yet more Arcane Items.
    • Add a name to images created for new builds.
    • Use a different hostname for assets for the CDN server so we'll be able to re-route the current URL when we switch.
    • Quote some strings and correct mime type of uploaded files.
    • Add in argument to specify update root folder in db update tool.
    • The load tester bots can now optionally progress through adventures, instead of always playing the first battle.
    • Adding grants that were missing from DB patch 43.
    • Avoid some unnecessary downloads in deployment scripts.
    • Fixed deckbuilder rarity sort, Legendary now sorting in front of Epic.
    • Added orb of flames item art.
    • Whirlwind doesn't move actors off the board before whirlwinding them.
    • Whirlwinding doesn't cause targets to turn to face.
    • Added card art for Lunging Strike.
    • Renamed StoutClub item art.
    • Fixed potent stab name.
    • Fixed strong stab art.
    • Added new ItemTransferManager to handle safe item transfers.
    • ItemTransferHandler uses the new manager.
    • Take all and reset chest uses single reset and doesn't send individual transfer requests.
    • Reset chest uses safe item transfers for all remaining items in chest.
    • Fixed thumbnail image for meaty goblin fist.
    • Added new art for Volcano card.
    • Fixed card name case and changed volcano art to lava pool.
    A lot of this work is to support our new build deployment procedure on our new Amazon cloud server setup. We would appreciate general testing of the new build to see if we broke anything.

Two bugs that should be fixed are:
    1. Problems with Whirlwind moving characters off the board and not restoring them. Also, whirlwind not affecting 2x2 monsters (http://www.cardhunter.com/forum/threads/whirlwind-sent-priest-off-the-map.562).
    2. Occasional duplicate items gained when purchasing chests.
    Hammering on these systems to check that they are fixed would be much appreciated!

2. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

This build should also eliminate the certificate warning when purchasing pizza.

3. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Well, isn't that just terrif'! (The kids all say "terrif'!" these days, right?)

(Cough.)

I'm pleased by the strategic deployment of pizza. Will we be forced to unlock Woodhome, or could we use it on any adventure? And are you giving pizza for costumes instead of allowing gender selection for a new hire, or will there be a separate gender selection some day?

(Also . . . I'm going off topic, but can you think of any name other than "Woodhome"? When I see it, I expect it to be the first of the sentient tree levels. I would have expected some sort of ironic play on "dead people" in the name of this one.)

Dorque likes this.
  4. Keep up the good work guys, I rate this game is going to be a cracker!!!

Toodles

5. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Jam packed update, good work =D

6. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

Love the diversity in the new arcane cards. Life for low level wizards sure got easier, with less reliance on range 2 attacks.

7. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Orc Soldier

Holy moly awesome work guys! (that's gender neutral "guys" since I know there is a female on your team) :D

8. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Awesome keep it up!

9. Dorque

Dorque Orc Soldier

I once got a client ticked at me for using "guys". He was all "we have women working here too". I was all "Read the effing dictionary; guys is gender neutral" except I didn't say it because he was giving me money. Still bugs me. So "guys" all you want.

And on topic, have you considered splitting the 4 arcane item slots in to two groups of two? Like Wands and Orbs or something? I feel bad you're adding all these items but I'm carrying four of the same and always will.

10. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Does that strategy work?

11. Dorque

Dorque Orc Soldier

Amulet of the Two Triple Unblockable Ten or Thirty to Large plus Armor Removal at Range Ten. It's like how in Magic taking one good card is pointless because you can't count on drawing it. Take four of everything, or two if you can't have more than one in play (which doesn't apply here). If there were a better card, I'd take four of that. I double my weapons too; I only don't triple because I run out of talents. If there was a card that was situationally better though, I wouldn't know I admit because I'm too lazy to swap for every fight.

Side convo, sorry. Umm... Fixing rarity sort is good, but how about a class sort? Kinda on topic. I'll go back to work now...

12. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Kinda does ye while i don't use 4 of the same like dorque i do use 2 and 2 and they have lasted me since i found them to now and they are not epic or legendary which i have found plenty of and just skipped.

13. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

The new whirlwind not only seams to work right but it also works even better with the theme of the game as you would just move them like that