Beta Build 1.26 (April 7, 2013)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Two places for feedback here. Specifically, Highway Robbery battle 2, and Rescue from Shieldhaven Prison battle 2. In both cases you've "made it easier" by taking one group of minions (a "Goblin Grunts" group and a "Men at Arms" group) and reduced their number. Reduced them . . . to 1. They are no longer minion groups, and may play as many Attacks as they want. That "Men at Arms" character (plurality issue aside) is almost as frightening as the Prison Warden, what with all the Attacks he draws thanks to Parry and Servants.

2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Good point.

3. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I found them both to be much easier than they used to be despite the issues you bring up. But as one of the first people to go wow that solo just killed my party in two turns i definitely see your point.

Zoorland likes this.
  4. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I found the Highway Robbery one to be too easy, personally. The fact that the dog is ALSO no longer a minion, but I killed the dog with a single hit, probably helped. And in Rescue from Shieldhaven Prison, I'd gotten so much practice in killing Men at Arms that this one's "super non-minion powers" were just an unpleasant surprise, not a disaster.

But watching the latter draw three copies of Parry, and realizing that he could actually counterattack an unlimited number of times . . . yeah, it could be more frightening for a new player than intended.

5. irongamer

irongamer Orc Soldier

Shieldhaven Prison Battle 3 is more manageable. The progression feels better now, as I had more trouble with the last battle now instead of Battle 3. Hah, the "Man at Arms" can be trouble now, but I managed to complete that battle pretty easily.