Beta Build 1.21 (21 Mar 2013)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Could also be they changed all the ones we had and there are plenty decent commons we just haven't found yet because they are new loot

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Good point, part of the reason I posted - was that I was thinking someone might have better ones. You at least had access to one I would use.

3. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I have at least 2 more but they are high rarity so i didn't think they where worth mentioning as most people wont have them

4. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

Wait, did I show up as "Melvin" speaking? If so, that's definitely a bug.

I suspect it'll help a bit when we get around to splitting the battle logs from the chat.

5. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Also having a mute spectators and no spectators allowed option would be nice for the future but i would think that's already in the plans?

6. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

We're definitely already talking about how to handle spectator chat. It could be a mute button, or a separate chat window for spectator chat, or something else. We'll definitely go through some iterations of this to get it all right.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  7. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Interestingly, I believe they changed my Untrained Footwork . . . to Epic. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Epic before, but now I have three copies of this tasty thing without too much stress.

(Unfortunately, I can't check to see if I'm misremembering the rarity. I'm just looking at this card now because it has no talent cost and no drawback cards.)

8. Pengw1n

Just noticed the Dragonslayer Sword isn't even useable atm. It's a lvl 22 item which apart from a bronze talent requires a triangular silver talent, which you don't get until level 25 according to the talent post on the wiki. I suggest having an epic you could actually use here as a reward, or rework/nerf it back to an more suitable item level - as it's a bit off getting an item with lvl 25 requirement for a lvl 17 adventure!

(unless the talent system has been rebalanced since that info was entered on the wiki ofc)

9. Sir Knight

I was excited to see it, as it makes it clear that this talent range is under consideration. It also helps reduce confusion: remember those cases where people thought "brown squares" were "half a talent"? If more types of talent are visible, people will be less likely to misunderstand.

We still can't use them now, though.

10. Pengw1n

True, it was cool to see that silver talent and having to look up the talent/level list and seeing that slight peek over the horizon - but getting that as part of a lvl 17 adventure is the iffy part, also not sure that" feels" like a lvl 25 epic with some of the current gear around. Then again, it has a certain purpose, which I guess makes it very powerful as a tool vs armored foes.

11. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Could also be a hint to them getting close to upping the level cap ^^

12. Pengw1n

By 5 xp levels - and adding 7 levels worth of content? Wishful speculation! ;) I can imagine content up to maybe 20 for release, as we know it looks like they're working on at least 2 adventures

13. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

That's unintentional, for sure. All the items you find should be usable within the level/talent cap.

14. Sir Knight

Different sort of item change: my two copies of the Oakenheart Shield have transformed into Impetuous Shields. Could anyone who has NOT completed the appropriate treasure hunt level (those premium ones with trees in 'em) report what the promised loot is?

There is still an "Oakenheart Shield" item, but it doesn't seem to have a "wood" theme in appearance anymore (according to the wiki).

15. Zoorland

Zoorland Goblin Champion

With all the item changes, I'm really curious as to what the guaranteed loot is for all the premium adventures now, as I've long since completed them. Several items that I received as rewards for those adventures are now completely different (and renamed), such as the former Oakenheart Shield as Sir Knight mentioned and the Robe Of The Geomancers which is now a... Crackling Cloak, or some such thing (name doesn't really fit...).

16. Pengw1n

I reported that the Okenheart Shield had become common a few builds ago (as was the geomancer robes), and was still given as reward for those adventure when I did it - I believe it was in the recent build notes that all premiums now gave proper loot again, so likely something new there.

17. Sir Knight

Sure it does. You simply need to understand cracklings and consider how much easier it is to prepare them when you wear a Crackling Cloak.
    Oh, it seems I did the Geomancer one after it had already become common. I remember the discussion, but at the time didn't understand the DASTARDLY meaning it held.

Then I got the robe and thought it was pretty snazzy.

18. mightymushroom

mightymushroom Goblin Champion

It just so happens that Forest of Souls reward is Oakenheart Shield, the new version.

19. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Likewise there's a new version of Robe of the Geomancers as the treasure hunt reward:
    [​IMG]

20. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

FYI: testing 20 MP wins per day ever since it was implemented. Testing from a casual player POV (not too build conscious, just wanna have some fun type).

Opinion: Not much to say against the AI. But vs humans, 20 wins is going to be a difficult target. Even assuming a 50% win rate, it'd take 40 games on average to get there. If 4 games average an hr of gameplay, 40 games is 10 hrs...give or take a few. Anyways, still early days and still beta...stats might shift again post release. Hope it helps. :)