Beta Build 1.17 (4 Mar 2013)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Another new build! The big new features in this are a better introduction to multiplayer including a free starter pack when you play through the tutorial. In addition, we've bumped up the rewards for playing ranked games.

There are a bunch of bug fixes, we're trying to correct a lot of the hangs while in battles. In particular, bugs to do with Festering Guts, Mindless Battlerage and Memory Loss should be fixed now. Also, the crash when targeting two targets on opposite sides should be corrected. Please keep reporting any more of these you see so we can flush them all out.

As always, there's a whole bunch of new items and a few new cards as well. Enjoy!

Game Systems
    Allow arbitrary facing to targets (don't require targets to be in view), unless actor can't pivot (fixes crash when targeting two targets on opposite sides).

Logging
    Fix client logging format.
    Log trigger success and failure.
    Client log of play action events mirrors server logging.
    Client log action uses same format as other log events.
    Client logging can handle null parameters.
    Set default logging level to info

Multiplayer
    Updated prize schedule module cover
    Made better prizes for ranked game prize schedule.
    Fixed casual MP game win/loss sequence.
    Fixed some typos in MP AI decks.
    Attempted matchmaking startup fix. Unverified unfortunately. Code only.
    Use MP character sheets and clipboard.
    Changed "Tournament" to "Multiplayer" on MP character sheets

Items
    Fixed a couple of dup equipment names.
    added full slate of rare/epic/legendary shields.
    added White Star Diamond
    filled out all common/uncommon shields
    Finished full slate of Legendary Weapons
    resized hammerbash item
    Added new weapon item art
    19 new Epic Weapons!
    more new weapons
    Added a whole bunch of weapon icons

Figures
    Rebuilt wisp figures.
    added armored skeleton2 small portrait
    changed dwarf audio gender on warrior f01
    Added small portraits for dwarf warrior f01
    Fixed up dwarf small portraits

Bug Fixes
    AttachedDamageOnDeathComponent won't trigger in hand (fixes crash from Festering Guts in hand).
    DiscardRevealedComponent ensures that cards are revealed before discarding (fixes crash when using Memory Loss).
    DiscardCardCommand warns when trying to discard an unrevealed card.

Cards
    added three new Block cards; twiddled card rarities and intro levels
    Fixed Altruism trigger text.
    fixed misguided heal thumbnail
    Swapped art on bungled/misguided heal cards
    changed rarities of some block cards
    modified reflexive teleport card art
    modified background of reflexive teleport

Monster Decks
    Fixed Jump Back in war dog deck.

Treasure Store
    Disable exit from deckbuilder while loot dropping into store chest.
    Fix waiting for treasure store items to load while entering deckbuilder.

Tutorial/Prompts
    New multiplayer tutorial.
    Give first starter pack for free.
    Safer clearing of nag prompts for visiting various stores.
    Starter pack free purchase only happens server side when requested by client.

Shops
    Free item price tag.

Campaign
    Rescue adventure appears later in campaign.
    Fixed some adventure campaign flags.

Login/Registration
    Add a 'Forgot Password' link on the login page, and link the registration button to the new registration page

Internal stuff
    Added locations to new multiplayer lobby. Hooked 'em up, but not their return paths.
    Reset account clears out old treasure store items.
    Reset account cheat resets MP win streak.
    Don't try to report metrics for Gary in MP.
    Fix up user tool to work better with accounts that haven't ever logged in to the game.
    Add rate limiting to registration system.
    Add ability to toggle debug settings at runtime at various levels
    Fix up setting user passwords via admin tool
    Fix more account tool bugs related to new account system.
    Remove fields that no longer exist from database query in account management tool
    Add the RevealedAdventuresEvent for tutorial.

Pengw1n, Molotova and Zalminen like this.
  2. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

erm, took me 8mins to get a game with Gary. Is this correct for my win/loss ?...aye, I'm tracking matchmaking times now :D

edit: Woo, congratulations! You won some items - win more games today to get even rare loot!

rare -> rarer ?

edit: how do u trigger the MP tutorial ? I got Gary's poke to go visit MP lobby upon login but saw no tut.

edit: woah...gary is prompting every single time upon login...

3. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Ogre Pass,Scenario=Pass Ambush,Room=Battle PASS 15,RoomID=41,Msg=Turn Complete
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Ogre Pass,Scenario=Pass Ambush,Room=Battle PASS 15,RoomID=41,Msg=Starting round 12
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Ogre Pass,Scenario=Pass Ambush,Room=Battle PASS 15,RoomID=41,Event=Attachment Phase Initiated
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Gary,AdventureName=Ogre Pass,Scenario=Pass Ambush,Room=Battle PASS 15,RoomID=41,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Wall of Fire,TriggeringActor=[Null],AffectedActors=Clubber Zang,TriggerType=StartTurn,TriggerLocation=SquareAttachment
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Ogre Pass,Scenario=Pass Ambush,Room=Battle PASS 15,RoomID=41,Msg=Clubber Zang took 10 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Gary,AdventureName=Ogre Pass,Scenario=Pass Ambush,Room=Battle PASS 15,RoomID=41,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Wall of Fire,TriggeringActor=[Null],AffectedActors=Clubber Zang,TriggerType=StartTurn,TriggerLocation=SquareAttachment
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Ogre Pass,Scenario=Pass Ambush,Room=Battle PASS 15,RoomID=41,Msg=Clubber Zang took 10 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Gary,AdventureName=Ogre Pass,Scenario=Pass Ambush,Room=Battle PASS 15,RoomID=41,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Mindless Battlerage,TriggeringActor=Clubber Zang,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=Death,TriggerLocation=ActorAttachment
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Ogre Pass,Scenario=Pass Ambush,Room=Battle PASS 15,RoomID=41,Msg=Detaching and discarding Mindless Battlerage from Clubber Zang
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Ogre Pass,Scenario=Pass Ambush,Room=Battle PASS 15,RoomID=41,Msg=Clubber Zang died
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Ogre Pass,Scenario=Pass Ambush,Room=Battle PASS 15,RoomID=41,Msg=Gary was defeated
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Ogre Pass,Scenario=Pass Ambush,Room=Battle PASS 15,RoomID=41,Group=Ogre Bruiser,Event=Discard,Card=Shattering Sweep
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Ogre Pass,Scenario=Pass Ambush,Room=Battle PASS 15,RoomID=41,Group=Ogre Bruiser,Event=Discard,Card=Shattering Sweep
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Ogre Pass,Scenario=Pass Ambush,Room=Battle PASS 15,RoomID=41,Event=GameOver

> clip

MBR triggered after the only remaining mob (clubber Zang) in the game died.

4. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Victory screen after beating Gary is not using MP character sheets and clipboard. wai ?

5. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

It might be a problem that will get smaller and smaller as more people join but i really think Gary should have a cap in the 15 minute area as i have ques that are just horrible. Since i can't do anything at all while waiting it makes it even worse if i could at least tinker with my pvp builds or anything like that it would be acceptable but as it is currently its eating my enjoyment.

6. Jon

OK, I'll add a safety check to remove Gary's MP nagging after you visit the lobby. Not sure how you got into this state.

You might not see the tutorial unless you are starting the game afresh.

7. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

If at all helpful, I'm currently in the same state; I don't see a tutorial option either. Thanks.

8. Jon

There won't be an option. If you start the game fresh, the MP tutorial should kick in at the time the Compass of Xorr adventure is revealed.

9. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Makes sense, Ta.

10. Kodi

Kodi Orc Soldier

Nice, but im the only one waiting for a co-op? :(

SurgeonFish likes this.
  11. Jon

I'm waiting for that too ;)

Jayce and SurgeonFish like this.
  12. Kodi

Kodi Orc Soldier

I hope for campaign co op :D

13. Kodi, that would be awesome. It would be as close to tabletop gaming online as we could get without just opening a chat room.