Beta Barbarians, Assemble!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by A Bear, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Scyrax

Scyrax Mushroom Warrior

2. Joshua

Joshua Kobold

Let us know when you get a video uploaded.

3. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Goblin Champion

Swear to Angry Bale Face that you'll make a video!!!

It's not the video we deserve, but it's the one we need.

4. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Could someone have a look at this:

Beta Video

The YouTube convert/upload process seems to have lopped off the title card and muted the sound. I'll redo it at some point so you get the full experience!

Gabe, Pengw1n, Zalminen and 1 other person like this.
  5. Szczypior

Szczypior Orc Soldier

Goint to watch it right now! THANKS! :)

Well, seems like YT screwed some stuff, maybe it will be better once the video is fully processed, but still, it is so nice you made it! I'm in much better mood now :)

6. Kahar

Kahar Mushroom Warrior

Looking good Skip! Thanks for making it! And there is some sound but it's really quiet and mostly covered by a buzzing for reason.

7. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Thanks, Szczypior and Kahar. I'll sort it out.

8. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Goblin Champion

Nice work on the video!

9. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

Thanks for the video, it shows off the look and normal fight pretty well. Sucks about the sound.

I believe you normally want to convert/encode your videos on a separate program before uploading them to Youtube. I haven't done it much I'm not sure about the youtube based encoder.

10. Necrometzer

Necrometzer Mushroom Warrior

Big Thanks for that! Awesome job! The video did seem a bit slow/lagged. Is that how the game is functioning right now or was that also part of the video upload process? Or is it me?

11. Joshua

Joshua Kobold

Yay, thank you so much!!! Any more vids will be devoured with pleasure.

12. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

The jolting/lagging is a common problem with Fraps. Or, at least, I am told so. I believe it is due to your processor's demands during recording, and someone far more informed than I might be able to advise.

13. bazzaman

bazzaman Mushroom Warrior

great vid cheers for letting us all have alook at the game in motion.

14. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Sir Knight is correct, the game runs much quicker without the recorder running, probably due to the fact that my machine is but one step ahead of an Abacus. Or ZX81 for you British peeps out there. :eek:

15. Magnificent Bastard

Magnificent Bastard Mushroom Warrior

Just got my Beta e-mail. I haven't logged in yet... as soon as I saw it I came here to gloat. Woot!

Edit: Just tried to register. My username contains bad words. Awww. I guess I'll just be "Magnificent" instead.

Edit 2: Noooo... now it says my beta key has been used. ;_;

Edit 3: Well... sent a message to Jon begging for another beta key. Looking back at the original message I typed here "gloating" I can't help but think this is some sort of cosmic punishment for flaunting my beta access.

16. Scyrax

Scyrax Mushroom Warrior

Grats if your issue gets fixed :)

Sorry if it doesn't D:

17. Szczypior

Szczypior Orc Soldier

So they are throwing beta keys for forum members it seems. Still no luck in my case.. I need to be patient then..

18. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

Grats on the beta invite Magnificent. Enjoy it and let the devs and everyone else know how you feel about the game.

I'm still waiting too szczypior. :(

19. Magnificent Bastard

Magnificent Bastard Mushroom Warrior

Thanks guys. Jon settled the issue with my account. Apparently it created the account with the original name but wouldn't let me use it. So he changed the name and now it's all good.

And don't worry, this isn't my first Beta. I'll do my best to help smash those bugs. ;)

Scyrax likes this.
  20. Szczypior

Szczypior Orc Soldier

So, how are you doing in beta? :)