Beta Barbarians, Assemble!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by A Bear, Jan 3, 2013.

1. A Bear

A Bear Goblin Champion

Come on you forum regulars, I know one of y'all got a golden ticket... let us know how it's going!

2. Szczypior

Szczypior Orc Soldier

I think they are too sucked into the game to visit forums anymore, lol :D

3. Jose Tello

Jose Tello Kobold

i guess too few people got the invite, theres not too much feedback on the beta forum, i hope the give more soon

4. FalconGK81

FalconGK81 Orc Soldier

There are far too few people gloating about their beta invite. We wanna live vicariously through you!

5. LightPhoenix

LightPhoenix Orc Soldier

From what I can tell, the initial beta group was very small. Only two people have posted in the beta forums, regarding what seems like a pretty obvious bug (items disappearing when bought). I don't know if they have other methods of bug submission though.

6. A Bear

A Bear Goblin Champion

That's what intrigues me. A two person beta is probably an underestimate, right? So where is everybody else? Us unwashed pesants want to be able to look through the bars and bask in your beta beatification!

7. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Let us forget neither practicality nor psychology. "Practicality" in that beta testers must first check their e-mail AND find time to play AND find time to report. "Psychology" in that not everybody invited will ever play ("You know, I'm just not interested any more") or ever report ("Mooching like a pro, that's me").

8. A Bear

A Bear Goblin Champion

I suppose that's why I called upon the forum regulars--I know they would be checking their inboxes and getting involved ASAP. I guess this is indeed a very small first round.

9. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

Hi everyone i havnt been here in awhile, still actually enthralled with EUO with my dwarf lol, but i just came back to check up on CH today and i see the beta has begun!! I'll wait for my secret private special invite that us Templars get.

10. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

The first round was nine people of whom five have so far registered. Yeah, we just want to flush out any registration problems before we do a slightly larger round.

11. Szczypior

Szczypior Orc Soldier

Just so you know: I volunteer to test if you corrected registration problems in the next round of invites. I can take this responsibility :p

12. Cordalinge

Cordalinge Mushroom Warrior

As it was said....beta part of forum must hide :D

13. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

*Does the secret handshake* I trust everything is in order Mr. Fungchu.

14. Zoorland

Zoorland Goblin Champion

*reloads forum*
    *taps fingers on desk*
    *reloads forum*
    *checks watch*
    *reloads forum*
    Grrrr...
    *reloads forum*
    *checks watch again*
    *reloads forum*

Speak! Speak, oh lucky beta invitees! For the love of Rudolfo, speak! I must know more! Tell me every detail! Please! Please... *quiet sobbing*

*reloads forum*

Magnificent Bastard likes this.
  15. Pixel

Pixel Kobold

i *knew* it - the moment i'm stranded with no regular internet = the moment the beta is released :)

16. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Don't want to have to keep reminding everyone. But if you ARE a beta tester, pls pls pls share via the wiki (in my signature). It takes less than 5 mins to take a screenshot and upload. Wiki helpers can do the rest. Heck, you can even take the screenshot and send it to me and I'll do the rest :D

Zoorland likes this.
  17. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

I just flung another 16 keys into the aether, bringing us up to a nice round 25. We're trying to reproduce a bug which we think occurs only on first login (and not always), which is why the number is so low.

Please bear in mind that we have close to 10,000 applicants now so at this rate your chances of getting a key are not particularly high. We plan to ramp up our beta key fling rate in the near future.

<3

Magnificent Bastard likes this.
  18. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Good to see more invites going out. I'm still waiting, but that's okay, because I am rather busy with other things at the moment.

I had been going to respond to this from earlier:
    Nine is, apparently, a useful number for testing purposes? Nine . . . what implications does this have for Tess's much-vaunted "army of robo-minions"? A mere NINE humans provides a step UP in terms of violence wreaked in Cardhuntria? What sort of puny robo-minions are you people using?!

But then you raised the number of humans to 25, and all my concerns were shown to be unfounded.

Dhramund likes this.
  19. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

ELROND SURVEYS THE GROUP
    ELROND (thoughtfully)
    Nine companions ... so be it.
    (announcing)
    You shall be the "Fellowship of the ring"

PIPPIN Great. Where are we going?

I think I know this bug. Not to derail this thread so PM to you. :D
    edit: on 2nd tots, I think it prolly doesn't have anything to do with AS3 login, access token and browser cache. My bad :p

LightPhoenix and Dhramund like this.
  20. eminus

eminus Kobold

I'm hoping if/when you fling a key my way that it doesn't hit me in the eye. I would like to have both eyes able to see the screen when playing!