Beta 2.29 (2 July, 2013)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

The big new feature in this build is party archiving (store/retrieve). From the deck builder, you can now store and retrieve parties. This will save the active character roster (which characters you are using in the party) as well as item assignments. The uses of this should be obvious: storing multiplayer parties, storing low level campaign parties for re-doing low level adventures, etc. There are six campaign slots and six multiplayer slots. You can store, retrieve and clear them.

Why do we call this store/retrieve rather than save/load? I didn't want to create confusion about game state saving and loading, which happens whenever you move an item or win a battle.
    The other major new feature is the "unused" filter which replaces the old "unusable" filter in the all/usable/unusable toggle. I took out unusable since I thought it was pretty useless. "Unused" is there to try to help you figure out which items you can safely sell. A simple explanation of what it does is: scan through all of your parties (campaign, multiplayer and all stored parties) and hide any items that are being used by any of them. So any item that remains once you turn this filter on is not in use by any of your parties. This sound simple but there are some tricky cases like what happens if you store or clear a party and then re-enable this filter or if you delete a character. (Stored archives and deleted character interact in some tricky ways too - when you delete a character, it should go from all of your stored parties).

On the bug-fixing front, I'm pretty sure I finally fixed the client side issue with dragging items outside the window or onto invalid areas for gold duplication.

Finally, I really hope the AI issues with using cones are finally fixed!

Deck Builder
    • Party archiving!
    • Remove the old "unusable" items filter.
    • Add a "unused" filter that checks to see if items are used in any other party.
    • Items being dragged can't be zoomed (fixes a client side gold exploit).
    • Dragged items can't be re-dragged (fixes bad drag origin assignments resulting in client side item transfer screw-ups).
    Modules
    • Updated number of battles on compass of xorr cover.
    Multiplayer
    • MP loot done button says "take all".
    • Fixed blemish on MP world map.
    AI
    • AI cone scoring doesn't include "additional affected actor" scoring - fixes a bug with using cones when one of the facings results in no target squares.
    Boards
    • Fixed incorrect wall tiles in Arena Qualifier battle 3
    Accounts
    • Add Let's play info to beta key message.
    Audio
    • Applied a curve between volume settings and playback volumes, to make better use of the slider range.
    Card Art
    • tweaked art on Arcane spray and Surging Blast cards
    • tweaked Zap cards and other Arcane attack cards to use a uniform purple effect style.
    Hints
    • Added some deck builder hints.
    Cards
    • Fixed typo on Shambling bash card
    • Fixed log text for Glob of flame card
    • Elvish Mobility moves are instigated by each mover (so are all affected by move triggers like Encumber).
    Story
    • Added new Melvin prompt text at conclusion of Yellow Dragon. He is no longer moved by Gary's plight but instead would like for the multiverse to wail, shatter and return to a single, plausible reality.
    • Added second completion trigger to all battle=0 Prompts/Prompt.xlsx to try to fix bug with single player prompts appearing within multiplayer.
    • Fixing the repeat of the "SP story appearing in the MP lobby bug" from last week.
    • Fixed story typos.
    • Fixed SP story prompts appearing from time to time in the MP party builder.
    Campaign
    • Changed Demon Stink scenario. Melvelous (Stench Demon) movement cards now Immovable to stop him leaving the victory point square.
    • Changed Traplings to reduce difficulty of first and third scenarios in Melvelous the Magnificent. Swapped two Infected Bites for Vicious Bites. Changed hit points from 15 to 12. Added 3 Combustible cards.
    • Changed Orc deck reduce difficulty of first and third scenarios in Melvelous the Magnificent.Removed two Stunning blows and added an additional Simple Bash and an additonal Dropped Guard.
    • Removed two immovable cards from Melvelous (Stench Demon2)in final Melvelous battle. Now has one.
    Items
    • Fixed Onxy Candelabra typo on item.
    Tutorial
    • Archiving and removing characters are locked out during tutorial.
    • Fix tutorial prompts getting broken if you buy gold during the tutorial.
    • Remove the skip tutorial button from the options screen.
    Costume Store
    • Deleting a character in the costume store no longer bothers returning the items to the inventory (client side).
    Quests
    • Show capped level in deckbuilder instead of full level.
    Internal stuff
    • Check for null display in CardHunterScreen findUnderPointer().
    • Remove the extra figure packaging step by not packing figures into swfs.
    • Add room id to battle stat table
    • Fix a bug in battle log formatting on the server so it now includes seconds as well as milliseconds.

2. kogi

kogi Ogre

July? :D

3. Jon

Doh!

Time flies...

4. Doctor Blue

Doctor Blue Orc Soldier

Awesome. :D I really like the new Store/Retrieve feature.

Question: Is the "All" filter supposed to show ALL items you own, even those equipped on a party member? Because it's not showing me those items.

5. Jon

No, it means all the items are shown in the deck builder - but not extra copies of the ones that are in slots in that party (otherwise, you could equip multiple copies of things you own).

6. Doctor Blue

Doctor Blue Orc Soldier

Gotcha.

7. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Fantastic, I'm sure I'll make good use of stored parties. But wait:
    Ahem.

8. Jon

Onxy.

9. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

10. Jon

Onxy is a very rare stone found only in Cardhuntria. Dwards toil for years underground hoping for a single piece. Elbs value it above all other gems.

11. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

I personally like Onxy. I thought of it as some exotic type of animal horn, fashioned into items by the legendary Svart-Alfar of Brisingamen.

12. Mutak

Mutak Goblin Champion

I like the arcane art update but you missed Force Bolt and Force Blast.

13. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Mutak likes this.
  14. Neofalcon

Neofalcon Goblin Champion

Is the level 18 adventure "In the Dungeons of the Dark Brotherhood" supposed to be available to play now?

Because it looks ever so slightly unfinished:

[​IMG]

15. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

16. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I would argue that these three being so different from other card effects, and of such a consistent visual, makes them fine as-is. Yeah, they could be purple instead and I wouldn't complain.

One thing I'm sure is a mistake is that Unstable Bolt changed color but Bungled Bolt didn't:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Also a possible issue is that the person's arm in Unstable Bolt looks blue even if the bolt itself is outlined in purple. (Because the majority of the image is blue, I can even imagine the bolt is blue.)

But to give feedback on the main area of change: I really like the new Zap images.

17. Card Hunter Joe

Card Hunter Joe Blue Manchu

Yes sorry about this. My enthusiasm eclipsed my technical proficiency.

Zoorland likes this.
  18. Zychuu

Zychuu Kobold

Thanks you soooo much! :D

19. jayward

jayward Kobold

Really liking the stored parties feature from this update! I wish there was some way to unequip everything instead of doing it manually each time, although for now I've got a 'blank' party so it's not too much of an issue.