Beta 1.4 Build Notes (18 Jan 2013)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

• Added SlubGut figure art
    • Make some changes to battle room names
    • Fix an error that happens when logging a string containing quotation marks.
    • Updated lots of module cover art and created placeholders for missing ones.
    • Add some additional name restrictions. Add a server heartbeat sent periodically to all users to ensure connections are still actually live.
    • Add the client handler for server heartbeat messages.
    • Clarified prompt in shop about talents on level up.
    • Fixed spaces in war monkey deck.
    • Repaired victory squares in MP Dungeon map.
    • Renamed Crushing Gauntlets to Frenzy Aura.
    • Small fixes to Smoke Bomb, Arcane Feedback and Consuming Touch.
    • Pizza SKU changes.
    • Fixed a minor item transfer bug in swapping items on newly appointed party members.
    • Fixed size of berzerk spin card art.
    • Fixed VP squares that weren't set to VP terrain.
    • Client log for missing button refs in tutorial manager.
    • Some prompt fixups for leaving tutorial early and then resuming.
    • More careful code for whirlwinding actors, might solve actors disappearing bug.
    • Fixed Manorhouse Melee start markers.
    • Made goblin hulk a 1x1 figure.

2. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Just crashed after retesting this. Swapped an elf warrior out of party and back in, tried to equip an armor -> boom -> lost connection to server. F1 shows a loop....how can I copy that to clipboard ? hmm...

3. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Yow! For reference, you can copy the local client log to clipboard via the console command "clip"

4. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

ok, flushed and reloaded the client ! Figured I was outdated...and now it works ! No more disappearing slots, yay ! :)

Noted, thanks !

5. Jon

Urgh, sounds like we're still not forcing new clients to load on version update.

6. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Oh, my.

7. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Not sure what you did with the war monkeys but they are insanely hard to beat right now its ridiculous.

Makes me wish my deck could be all back stabs and overpowered parrys with free move as a base card <.<

8. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

just managed to hurricane a mob of the map still after patch about 2 minutes ago and that caused the match to get stuck so i cant do anything.

9. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

Agreed that war monkeys are ridiculous, most annoying enemy in the game to fight(and I've just finished every adventure that isn't an unlock, and 4 unlocks). Oh fun, getting surrounded by a bunch of backstabbers who steal your cards, and have near infinite mobility. I did beat them though, so it's not impossible, they're just a royal pain, and there's very little tactics possible in those fights(particularly battles 1&2 of Attack of the War Monkeys), it's just a deck/clock/RNG fight, kill first, or die.
    Protip: bring a wizard with smokebombs.

10. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Thanks for the tip and well i have beaten them before today quiet handily but for some reason the map with 6 monkeys is just shreading me today. Also still not beaten the map with 3 goblin berserkers and 3 monkeys just too much damage and hp for me.

11. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Sent a monkey of the board once again on the map Into the jungle using whirlwind enemies but this time i can keep playing. But as soon as the monkey not on the table tried to move it stopped working again. By reading the log i can tell its trying to force defeat because something didnt work out but its not forcing defeat either it just stops playing while the match is still going. Matchclock and all that stuff still running.

12. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

BATTLE WARNING: Battle=Attack of the War Monkeys,Scenario=Monkey Jungle,Msg=Invalid action: Scamper, played by War Monkeys - invalid instigator
    BATTLE LOG: Battle=Attack of the War Monkeys,Scenario=Monkey Jungle,Msg=Player,Gary,Event,PlayAction,Action,Scamper
    BATTLE WARNING: Battle=Attack of the War Monkeys,Scenario=Monkey Jungle,Msg=Command::instruct Unhandled Instruction:
    (bool) IIU: false
    (int) TARX: 7
    (int) TARY: 8
    (utf_string) type: selectSquare
    (int) TARFX: 0
    (int) TARFY: -1
    (int) IUID: -1

BATTLE WARNING: Battle=Attack of the War Monkeys,Scenario=Monkey Jungle,Msg=Battle::run failed due to command error.
    BATTLE LOG: Battle=Attack of the War Monkeys,Scenario=Monkey Jungle,Msg=Received invalid instruction: forced defeat
    BATTLE LOG: Battle=Attack of the War Monkeys,Scenario=Monkey Jungle,Msg=wolzarg was defeated
    BATTLE WARNING: Battle=Attack of the War Monkeys,Scenario=Monkey Jungle,Msg=Command::instruct Unhandled Instruction:
    (utf_string) type: done

BATTLE WARNING: Battle=Attack of the War Monkeys,Scenario=Monkey Jungle,Msg=Battle::run failed due to command error.
    BATTLE LOG: Battle=Attack of the War Monkeys,Scenario=Monkey Jungle,Msg=Received invalid instruction: forced defeat
    BATTLE LOG: Battle=Attack of the War Monkeys,Scenario=Monkey Jungle,Msg=wolzarg was defeated
    (int) TARX: 4
    (int) TARY: 9
    (utf_string) type: selectSquare
    (int) TARFX: 0
    (int) TARFY: -1
    (int) IUID: -1

(utf_string) type: done

(utf_string) type: noMoreTraits

> clip

13. Jon

I have a feeling that you might be using an old version of the client. Next time you play can you try refreshing your browser page before logging into the game? To be sure, you should clear your cache first too.

14. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

Could cards with placeholder art also have a little text on them saying they are placeholder? This would remove any confusion from new players and make it vary easy to remember which are placeholders when you devs get around to filling them out.

15. Hallas

Hallas Mushroom Warrior

The tooltip (smaller card art) does not reflect this change. It still shows Crushing Gauntlets until it is right-clicked to view.

16. Jon

The placeholder art looks like a little hourglass.