Best melee Legendary items

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Drakkan, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

There are some discussions on other threads, and I'm curious, if you had no Legendary items, what are your Top 3 "must have" Legendary items for melee Party builds (so all needed items, not only weapons)?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  2. TeJaQuKiAce

TeJaQuKiAce Kobold

3. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

In my 6 months of daily farming I didn't have the luck to find any Reaper's Scythe or multiple dodge items :(, that's why I would put priest items in first places.. as I believe that Mass Frenzy improves melee deck much more that a single warrior's Item:

1. Bleneth's Skull
    2. Huetotl's Firebrand
    3. I would say some of aforementioned warriors items but I wont name any as I haven't played with them so far

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
    doog37 likes this.
  4. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

I can only really speak for the cards I've played with. I don't know that these would be considered "must have," but I find them to be incredibly useful.

I agree with Bleneth's Skull. Getting three Frenzy on one item allows you to hit your personal sweet-spot of Mass Frenzy (I like to have seven in the deck) while using less item slots.

I would also add The Strongarm for consistent strong attacks for no token cost and Bloody Command for two excellent cards and one good movement that allows you to steal priority.

5. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

1. Huetotl's Firebrand - MF, plus good attacks on your support priest
    2. The Strongarm - free up those tokens for other slots like shields and boots
    3. Bleneth's Skull - frenzy skull + firebrand gives you sufficient MF in just two slots

6. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I don't use the Strongarm, and I don't believe that Huetotl's Firebrand is strictly better than St. Olf's Fiery Pike. They're pretty good legendaries though!

However:
    Bleneth's Skull is fantastic.
    Hawlic's Surging Shield I can't stop using...
    And The Lunginator. Yep!

You don't need anything specific, but having a skull helps a lot.

7. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Bleneth's Skull
    Huetotl's Firebrand

Weapons themselves are so hard to put on this list since they can be best for different situations so I'll go with my go to warrior item.
    Captain Cedric's Helm- Most helmets straight up suck even if you spend tokens. All the perks of Crusty Helm, none of the shame of revealing a hand of Weak Chops and Unreliable Blocks.

8. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Or having -2 melee damage each turn, etc etc etc... why so few good helms? Cedric's is definitely worth mentioning, great all-purpose item, unlike heavy armor since there are a few builds centered around armor.

Funnily enough, I believe that Captain Cedric's Boots are worth mentioning in the legendary-item-for-melee-build capacity. It frees up a major token, and I can't say enough about the value of Team Run and Flanking Move, which this item has in spades.

9. Ector

Ector Hydra

So I guess everybody agree that Mass Frenzy items are the best. My 3rd place is for Spellstripper Relic then :)

10. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Well I will again mention Bleneth's Skull, it is the best melee item in the game... as much as Stexe wants MF nerfed it is a strong buff that is both multiple (all characters) and no LoS. If the devs don't want to reduce the damage (and I think frenzy 3 is fine) it should require LoS and/or have a range.

As for what I want I really want a Blazing Shortsword. 0 token with a trait and I happen to love Fiery Stab. Yes combustable is a risk and Clumsy Chop is a lost card but I would rather have the trait, 3 fierys and a stab than the strong hacks of the Strongarm. It is close but I have neither so just an opinion.

Huetotl's Firebrand to me is just a rich man's St. Olf's, better but not indespensible.

I'd love a Bloody Command, but it requires you to play a Human which makes it limited.

But my #3 had to go to Hawlic's... Of all of the things that have hurt me post balance the nerf to Hard to pin down hit me the hardest. I had Slippery Shields and they were the bomb. I doubt I will ever have three Hawlic's but one would help... a Lot! In fact I think it moves up to #2

I have a Crazy Sal's but I am still not as sold on it as I thought I would be.

1. Bleneth's Skull
    2. Hawlic's Surging Shield
    3. Blazing Shortsword OR The Strongarm (technically the blazing is Epic)

Honorable mention to The Bludgeonator

11. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Bludeonator? Really? That's like... 5 extra damage???

I would have to be in a very ... iffy build where it was worth blowing a major on this when there is Infused Greatclub. Usually an upgrade on Shield or Racial from minor to major is a better choice.

12. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

The only legendary I have is General Jelom's Helm, which is okay. I've tried pairing it with armour but you just end up wasting cards, or you spend all your time trying to draw barbed/grounded plates and then lose it all to a sundering strike or boiling armor.

Quigley's Cap gives you almost the same effects, plus a Dash, Team, plus it's cheaper in both gold and tokens.

I use Lt. Morrison's Helm a lot more, it's a much better buy IMHO.

13. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

1. Vibrant Pain
    2. Vibrant Pain
    3. Vibrant Pain

This message has been approved by Randimar.

PDXTai, doog37, Happenstance and 3 others like this.
  14. doog37

doog37 Hydra

What are three helmets I would like to have? Well 2 of them anyway.
    General Jelom's was looking very sweet when harnesses were not going to count towards card limit, but alas it is just more armor.
    Quigley's well +1 is not a +2 Chain harness is the Lifesave block of the armor world, it looks good but after you use it you learn how it is just not that good.
    By itself Chain Harn is a Mail (not even a Hardy mail like the Enchanted) and while it pushes the Barbed Platemail past a coin flip, having it as a 2+ with the enchanted is a tough nut to crack. The dash team is nice for Dwarves.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  15. doog37

doog37 Hydra

I still want it and I still want it... why are you trying to talk me out of it? HUH? I know infused, I have infused, I like infused, but if you want the best the Bludge is where it's at. Is it worth the major token? I don't know, SOMETIMES?
    I just feel like having my Cat Warrior walking around with 3 regular old fashioned Bludgeon is wrong, I mean 4 damage, 4DAMAGE? , that's a joke, that's not even a full Heal anymore. But Able Bludgeon... 5 damage FIVE! NOW THAT'S A SPICY MEATBALL! plus when you compare the pictures, able has a picture that says, I have a club and I know how to swing for the fences. I believe it was Thraxar the Slaughterer who said:

"If you're going to carry a big stick, you may as well swing it really, really hard."

;) ;) :D

16. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I have 3x The Lunginator and never actually used any of those... am I doing something wrong?

17. Alcibiade_2nd

Alcibiade_2nd Kobold

Yes :). Some of my league warriors are built around the lunginator. Pus away from vp, your mages, or just from yourself... Its a very fun item on any warrior who has frenzy.

18. Jablon

Jablon Kobold

Since I've never ever seen a ranged shield :p in my life I've only got 1 type:
    Aegis Of The Defender end of story.

19. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Aegis is Epic

20. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Lunging Bash and Pressing Bash are so much fun I have been thinking of doing a basher... I think I have a Basher's Delight, I don't remember anymore.