Battle Hints - Submissions Desired!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Card Hunter Joe, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Lecutter

Lecutter Kobold

Well, I suppose the hint is you're better off trying it as something other than a party of dwarfs. :)

2. For "Lizard Guards"

3. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Wozarg already said something for Prison Warden. I'll just "formulate it smoother":
    Then there's Prison Guardhouse:

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Attack of the War Monkeys, third and fourth map:

5. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

As it is true in life, it is true in Card Hunter.

6. Lockon

Lockon Mushroom Warrior

Attack of the War Monkeys, All maps

"Monkeys hate a straight fight, so watch your backs, and remember, two can play that game."

7. xienwolf

xienwolf Goblin Champion

"Sometimes the best item is no item. More move on a Dwarven warrior by unequipping boots. Discards on a Priest by unequipping Divine Items..."

"If the enemy uses spears, hide behind a corner with the diagonal away from you impassable terrain to force them to come in your range."

8. Avarice

Avarice Goblin Champion

As far as reiterating information from the tutorial -- I rarely ever pay close attention to tutorials in any game I play. I'm fine with the "tips" covering it again.

9. Forduc

Forduc Orc Soldier

For Beneath the Frozen Earth: Frozen Bridge

Crude Plate only works when you attack from the front.
    If you move next to Trogg with Crude Plate, he'll try to move away, revealing its back.

10. Forduc

Forduc Orc Soldier

- Normal dogs are only dangerous if they can attack from behind.
    - Armored Dogs don't have backstab.
    - Parry only works for melee attacks from front. Attack with ranged or from behind.
    - Servants won't give you stars. Don't use too much effort trying to kill them.

Hmm, can't remember adventures exactly, but iirc lot's of dogs, guardmen and servants.

11. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Parry works from the front or the sides. Also the game will tell you if you are attacking from behind as a little text saying no blocks or something like that pops up as you target.

12. xienwolf

xienwolf Goblin Champion

When you hold the mouse over a character figure, it will show every tile that has line of sight from/to that character in green.

The tiles which are considered in front of the character are BRIGHT green, the ones considered behind the character are DARK green. So you can always use that to figure out where to stand for block avoidance.

13. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

That is currently in tutorial and/or loading tip text.

However, if you want to suggest that for a specific battle (which is the purpose of the thread), then go for it. Just customize it to the needs of a specific adventure.

We haven't been prompted for any particular adventure recently, though, so I don't know how this sudden spate of new suggestions will be used.

14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Hint #40 and the tutorial text for Tunnels into Darkness.

You can also ctrl-right-click a tile to see Line of Sight from that tile.

15. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

Something I ran into tonight. Using control-click to target your ally with a spell that doesn't normally target allies - except that on a Mac, it's option-click, not control-click. :)

16. Isotope-X

Isotope-X Mushroom Warrior

But if a good opportunity presents itself, take out one of those cowards. They feed your enemies a ton of cards and make the guards and dogs much more dangerous.

17. Andrew Talbot

Andrew Talbot Mushroom Warrior

Vicious Tombs (map 1 or 3 preferably).

(Shove in practically anywhere there's melee heavy-hitter rushing types. Those level 17 goblin/ogre rush Black Oak levels come to mind.)

18. My own experience with Part 4 - Ruby Portal

1. Thin down enemy numbers first then control the victory squares.
    2. Having two or more attachments doing damage hurts a lot, stay out of sight!

Highway Robbery - battle 4, "Bluk, Goblin Chieftain"

1. Don't you want a couple more elf wizards to run and shoot magic at this brute? Did I mention magic and running?
    2. Discard those range 1 and small damage attacks, you don't want to up close and personal with this one.

19. MagicLance

MagicLance Mushroom Warrior

Great work people. I like to see tips after losing a fight.
    The current in game ones are well fit to the current quest situations.
    Towards Compass of Xorr and Follow Up. (This one gave me a lot of hassle)
    TIP: When you can not outmaneuver a strong enemy to wear them down then going in close and hoping for the best is better then getting picked of yourself.
    AND
    Aggressive tactics work better in confined places or when under timely pressure.
    AND
    If possible never let the enemy behind you.

20. I would suggest that Gary's brother gives these hints as he is the more experienced player and knows what he's doing.

Just a thought...