basic edition purchase questions

Discussion in 'Support' started by esthkol, Apr 15, 2014.

1. esthkol

esthkol Lizardman Priest

I had a couple questions about purchasing the Basic Edition after previously purchasing/unlocking included features:
    • If I have already purchased a figure in the basic edition set, what would happen? (Would there be a replacement figure, or would I only get the other 8 figures, or something else?)
    • If I have already unlocked all the treasure hunts, what would happen? (Is the value of this component "lost"?)
    • What if I have unlocked only some of the treasure hunts?

I was unable to find this information elsewhere, so if it exists, please direct me to it. Thanks!

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

That's a good question I don't recall being asked before. I don't believe (but not 100% positive) the game checks what you already have unlocked when buying the BE- and I'm pretty sure you're not getting any other figurines as a replacement for any already bought, or pizza unlocked treasure hunts. I'd suggest any bundled items would look at already owned pieces, and at least lower the price a bit - or transform the excess to pizza.

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I think if you're already a Club Member it will add a month to your membership, but I assume the rest will just be lost if you already have it. I'd suggest calculating the value of everything you don't have yet (and want) and compare it to the price of just buying them individually. Or save your money for the AotA bundle coming soon.

Giving you the pizza equivalent for everything you already purchased would be a great idea (and already partially implemented for Leagues), but I don't think that's how it works right now.

4. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Yes, club membership is always additive.

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I just tried this on the test server, and it didn't give me any extra pizza even though all the treasure hunts were already purchased (I forgot to check if I already had any of the figures). It did add 30 days to my club membership.

6. esthkol

esthkol Lizardman Priest

A pizza "refund", whether full or partial (somewhere between 50-100% of the pizza cost), for things already purchased would indeed be great to have. (And with such a refund, I would certainly buy the Basic Edition.)
    It would be very nice to have some warning or notice that prior purchase of the components in the Basic Edition will not be refunded (in pizza) (or will be refunded, if that is ultimately the case).

7. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Hey Esthkol. Sorry to hear about this! Your best bet would be to drop a line to support -at- cardhunter.com and they'll be able to work directly with you.

8. esthkol

esthkol Lizardman Priest

To be clear: I was wondering what systems/policies were in place in the event someone had unlocked all the treasure hunts (I have) and later decided to buy the Basic Edition (I have not yet).

9. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

There's no automatic refund for this case, but if you email support@cardhunter.com, we're likely to try to help you out.

Pengw1n, Jarmo and Sir Veza like this.
  10. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

I suppose you can just click the link that Jon posted rather than piecing together my stupid attempt at making it hard :p