Barbed platemail + fiery stab

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Mitsuaki, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Finial

Finial Orc Soldier

Interesting fix there. Does this mean that, pre-fix, if a Dwarf Wizard were to Duck a Fiery Stab, apply that to an opponent, any effects like Firestarter, Kindler, or Hot Flames wouldn't have applied correctly?

2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

No, the fix only distinguishes between damage from attached cards and damage that comes from played cards (e.g. the difference between burning damage and damage that comes from the initial attack).

3. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

So does that mean fire burning will not longer be reduced by armor? I'm confused on how you actually changed it.

4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

No, armor reduction applies regardless. There are two triggers on Barbed Plate Mail, (1) Armor 4, which triggers on damage, and (2) applying damage to the attacker, which triggers on a melee attack. The change is that the subsequent burning of a card is no longer considered an attack so it doesn't trigger barbed plate mail's secondary function, but the burning still applies damage so you'll still get the armor benefit if you make the die roll.

ParodyKnaveBob, Flaxative and Stexe like this.
  5. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Exactly!

6. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I'm not 100% sure, but it seems as though Barbed Platemail cancelled out the Slide Back 1 of a Powerful Bash in a game I played (no Immovable). Can anyone else reproduce this?

7. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Worked fine on able bash, check terrain ?

BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Winter Bridge,Room=phaselock's battle vs lockphase,RoomID=44,Msg=The active player is now lockphase
    BATTLE LOG: Player=lockphase,Scenario=MP Winter Bridge,Room=phaselock's battle vs lockphase,RoomID=44,Event=PlayAction,Action=Able Bash,Instigator=Barazdron,Targets=Anthil
    BATTLE LOG: Player=lockphase,Scenario=MP Winter Bridge,Room=phaselock's battle vs lockphase,RoomID=44,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Bruiser,TriggeringActor=Barazdron,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=Action,TriggerLocation=ActorAttachment
    BATTLE LOG: Player=lockphase,Scenario=MP Winter Bridge,Room=phaselock's battle vs lockphase,RoomID=44,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Blind Rage,TriggeringActor=Barazdron,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=Action,TriggerLocation=ActorAttachment
    BATTLE LOG: Player=lockphase,Scenario=MP Winter Bridge,Room=phaselock's battle vs lockphase,RoomID=44,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Barbed Platemail,TriggeringActor=Anthil,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=PreDamage,TriggerLocation=Hand
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Winter Bridge,Room=phaselock's battle vs lockphase,RoomID=44,Msg=Barazdron took 4 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Winter Bridge,Room=phaselock's battle vs lockphase,RoomID=44,Msg=Anthil took 5 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Winter Bridge,Room=phaselock's battle vs lockphase,RoomID=44,Player=lockphase,Participant=lockphase,Actor=Anthil,Event=Move,Origin=(7, 7),StartFacing=(0, 1),Destination=(7, 6),EndFacing=(0, 1)
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Winter Bridge,Room=phaselock's battle vs lockphase,RoomID=44,Msg=The active player is now phaselock

8. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I should have took a screencap. It was on Koi VS cardotron, and his Bash should have knocked me off the VP but it didn't.

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Any chance you had Stone Feet or Immovable?

10. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

*facepalm* I know you are doing your due diligence here, but COME ON. Am I a kobold all of a sudden? Does Cardotron even have Stone Feet or Immovable? No chance, heck no attachments at all. I can't say that Barbed Platemail caused the bug but I don't see anything else.

11. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Doesn't have to be a Kobold do make a mistake. I was puzzled by the movement near the board edge in Chess Madnes league not too long ago :oops: Thought it was a bug.
    But if it's not reproducable (easily) then it's nothing too terrible compared to the old Fiery Stab + damaging armor bug.

12. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Old Fiery stab bug? I thought it still hadn't been fixed yet...

Also, Violent Spin/Muscle Through don't work properly either. Much to my chagrin today in Oozeball.