banned systems

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by ntym13, Dec 28, 2016.

1. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

I like Kalin's suggested implementation, especially the auto-mute thing in place of the auto-ban. If no mod is around, and someone's flooding jibberish or just spewing obscenity/hatred garbage from nowhere, then it's nice to know that the automated system might take care of that. (Then, of course, at the moment the current system sends an auto-ban, if the suggested system would auto-send The Powers That Be a message to review... Otoh, we don't know the auto-ban rate. For all we know, it might be booting way too many people (properly!) for the scant devs to personally handle. I'd like to think CH's playerbase is better than that, though, lol.)

2. Depending on how many reports there are, this may slow down development time if it wasn't automated. I don't know if the current chat moderators have the training to handle reports from this nature. It's much different than moderating a chat.

3. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I am pretty sure there must be some way to improve the algorithm for the auto-ban system, does the current algorithm even take into account the amount of games played?

4. ntym13

ntym13 Kobold

sorry about upping old questions, but now i have very big surprize

mod-edit: no screenshots or any attempt to name and shame / point fingers.

and my lovely message has come:
    "you are reported by ...."

did anybody answer me:

WHY???????????????

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2017
  5. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Obviously because you were cheating.

6. ntym13

ntym13 Kobold

ok, can be any moderator or admin put log of this battle, for everybody
    and we all together will see my cheats

7. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

Seriously.
    Talk to support, salty dood.

8. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

We know you didnt cheated.

9. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Yeah we all know you didnt cheat, that was just my attempt at a joke :rolleyes:

10. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

This isn't getting any funnier, this is the second time this person reported a ban/warning as invalid.

11. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

I'm sorry you're having such troubles, ntym13.

Meanwhile, remember, the devs and mods have asked us not to "name and shame" in public. Maybe edit that image with the accuser's name blacked out before a mod or dev removes it.

12. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

I'm sorry you have to deal with bad apples, ntym13.

Having said that, I fail to see the purpose of this thread. Devs have said that they deal with reports and bans only via email (support@cardhunter.com). There is also a separate thread in the suggestions & feedback forum regarding report function changes and/or limiting user priviledges to certain elo.

Maniafig and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  13. ntym13

ntym13 Kobold

so, thanks to all,

now i have "You are banned from joining matches for 365 more days due to reports of abuse."

the player name, who reported me is ---

APPLAUSE!

mod-edit: Removed username, no name calling!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2017
  14. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Unsurprisingly if you keep getting ban thresholds the penalty increases. While you can argue you got ban thresholds unfairly, the power of that threshold is pretty reasonable for being the 4th threshold. Regardless if you are going to make a powerful post I would suggest using proper grammar and capitalization (note: using all caps can be proper capitalization if you are yelling). Also I will point out that the players in general don't have control over preventing ban thresholds or removing them. Also @Flaxative this post is attempting to name and shame.

15. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

@timeracers, why kick someone while they are down?

edit: I got banned for 30 days soon after this post

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    trrst and SceoMyntan like this.
  16. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

My post wasn't trying to add salt to the wound. I am not saying ban thresholds are dealt out fairly. Which parts of the post do you think aren't helpful?
    What happened to your prior ban? Did they validate it?

17. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

Let us get back on topic. The trolls have taken over the reporting system. @nytm13 is the most innocent player I know (excluding ParodyKnaveBob). It looks like anyone can be auto-banned. All you need is a Tor client, some spare time and no morals.

18. ntym13

ntym13 Kobold

true stalling

mod-edit: Image removed, no name calling.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2017
  19. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

STOP THIS!
    NO NAMING AND SHAMING IS ALLOWED, NO MATTER WHAT THE CAUSE!
    Also, you won anyways.

20. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

Stop complaining in a public forum, and email support.
    Also, report that person.
    You seem to be acting very childish about this whole thing.