Back soon

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by snickersimba, Jul 24, 2017.

1. snickersimba

snickersimba Goblin Champion

My unfairly imposed ban is up in a few days, so I spent the last few weeks poking around and seeing what changed, somewhat saddened by what I saw but will keep playing nontheless.

Elf manuvers is still overnerfed but that's not really surprising giving how many top players play control wizard, better to nerf the easiest counter to it than to nerf control wizard.

Sturdy doorf is a terrible item name that makes me ashamed of whoever thought of that item name, it's just so immature. Using dorf instead of dwarf is like using text talk: you don't look smart doing so and should feel bad for doing so if you are over the age of twelve.

Still haven't seen any really good vampire items yet. Still waiting for a 3Invigorating Touch item. Also can we please get a 1 Frenzy Aura 1Reliable Mail 1Spear Of Darkness armor? It would be nice to see something good. That is probably too strong but oh well.

Purge cards still haven't been fixed but I can completely understand being too lazy to do something and just taking the easiest way out.

If any of you are offended by this I apologise in advance, no one should be offended by the ramblings of a maniac about a fantasy card game. I do strongly believe that the word dorf needs to die in a fire like yolo did. Dorf is the same as yolo, just worse.

2. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I'm guessing you mean Elven Maneuvers? I think as a bronze quality trait it's really good, especially since there exists Cautious Mobility which is probably the best elf skill.

Again, are you talking about Reinforced Doorf? I see no harm whatsoever in a little pun. (dwarf + door = doorf)

Are you kidding me? There's more than enough of very powerful vampire items, especially after the Castle Mitternacht items were introduced.

How are they broken?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  3. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

With Vampire Knight's Embrace and Count Yurik's Teeth there's never been this much access to high-damage vampire items. Being able to drain HP is a very powerful ability, vampires should count the blessings they already have.

The way Purge used to work was a confusing mess and it's a good thing that they changed it so you never need to ask yourself what Purge is going to do.

#yolo #dorfs #hashtags

SceoMyntan likes this.
  4. SceoMyntan

SceoMyntan Fire Demon

The easiest counter to control wizards is Immovable! You also haven't gotten to play with Vengeance yet; it's fun, and good against wizards. Yes, things have changed, but you're in for a lot of fun mechanics you haven't played with yet and a new meta. You should be excited.

Are you forgetting the Reinforced Doors from the campaign? It's a reference to those.

5. snickersimba

I remember that purge was to be changed to just removing all cards attached from the other side but not your own. Purge is fine, I just remember it being said. I know the reference to the reinforced door but I feel that the bastardization of dwarf needs to die. It just ruins any respect and value a person has when they use it. Elven maneuvers is way too weak right now, it should dig at least three cards in, one card is pretty much worthless. Unless you literally pack your deck with mobility, its a waste.

6. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Pretty sure it digs 2, currently.
    This is how it use to be, yes. It changed because Radiation attachments caused confusion in game logic.
    I made this item. It was for a Halloween AA event. Theory is that the Dwarf is dressed up as a Reinforced Door. Pretty sure that it shouldn't be difficult to figure all of this out.
    P.s. it seems to me that you're only happy when you complain.

tolkien likes this.
  7. snickersimba

I'm plenty happy with the game, I was just pointing out the flaws I noticed. I am fine with most of the changes but I was critizing things that didn't seem right. Also elven manuvers is a draw one last I checked. It feels like a waste of a card right now.

8. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Straight from the wiki: When you take damage from an enemy card, draw a card. Discard that card unless it is a Move card. Repeat until you have drawn a Move card or drawn two cards.
    [​IMG]
    Also, I'm sure everyone will tell you, Traits are never a waste.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  9. snickersimba

my mistake. I was running off my memory and that was clearly wrong. Either way I miss the old elf manuevers just for the absurdity of it.

10. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

I am using the nerf'd version of Elven Maneuvers with my Central Processing Midnight Daemon build [click here]. It seems to pay out fairly often, even with only 8 movement cards in the deck. It's no Vanguard or Blind Rage, but it still seems pretty good.

11. snickersimba

I just liked doing absurd amounts of damage each turn and find campaign mode to be the cardhunter equivalent of an abusive relationship; you want to leave, but theres always a reason to stay. I use a step dwarf warrior, a human priest and an elf vampire. I would throw so much money at BM right now if they lifted the ban two days early. That or managed to get the rights to D&D 4e and make that into a completely online game with the needed tweaking and rebalancing of certain things.