Automatic Resign Bug

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Shanomo, May 19, 2016.

1. Shanomo

Shanomo Guild Leader

Game username: Shanomo

I was just playing a ranked pvp game against Macizo, I ember bursted him and disorienting block triggered. He moved us both, the game lagged for 2 seconds, then the defeat screen suddenly appeared for me.

Game time:
    May 19, 2016, 5:18 p.m. macizo, Power of Fires blitzed Shanomo, NinetyNineKnaves. 6

And I was looking forward to a rematch with him :(

2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I've hit a game freeze multiple times with Disorientating Block and Burst when I'm being moved to a place where I can no longer see the target square. But I can usually log out, and back in and rejoin where I left off.

3. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

It happen to me vs CT5, see the defeat screen but relogged and the battle continĂșes, but its really annoying.

4. Tolga

Tolga Kobold

same bug after disorienting block ......my opponent was moving my mage......2 seconds lag and defeat screen appered to me .??!?!

5. Kinitoke

Kinitoke Kobold

I just happened to me. I threw a fireball and opponent Disorienting Block activated, he moved my mage back. After that he passed and I tried to places spikes in a square, and as soon as I clicked; the game showed the Defeat message.

As a note, after the block activated, the squares kept colored as if I was still targeting the fireball.

6. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Sounds like a serious bug :(

7. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

i found that reloading on the defeat screen "solves" the problem and got back to the match.

8. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Could we hear any updates on this being fixed?

Let me barely attempt to express my disappointment. Elo 1583, highest it's ever been, working on 1600. Top 100 players. Streak of 10, matching my best, hoping to top it. Round 1, Batford's Kitchen, Burst, Disorienting, game acting weird, Defeat. Minus 17 Elo, minus 10 streak, minus 2 standing (affecting next potential streak), minus several joy.

Fascinating. I took a screenshot of the Defeat screen, but my clipboard shows the next screen in the game instead (Multiplayer Results with alleged "Defeat" by Stan_Canaille and World Chat window onscreen). Anyway, lemme attach what I believe is the battle log's relevant part; ask if you want the whole thing.

Exact "weird behavior" was as follows:

After Stan's block moved my wiz behind the pillar out of line of sight, my wiz had white highlight and was bouncing up and down as if I were picking a card to play. Also, the game showed me targetable squares outside my line of sight -- I believe these targets were as if I were still on the bench where I started -- and frankly, I don't recall whether this state existed without my doing anything or if I had to first hover my mouse over another burst card. With morbid, hypnotic curiosity (lol): 1. I'm pretty sure I selected said attack card; 2. I'm absolutely certain I selected a weird spot to attack which would supposedly hit Stan's two warriors again despite being out of my true line of sight. Instant Defeat screen. I seem to intuit that there were some other weird things going on (was there no Pass button?) but I just cannot recall.

Regards,
    Bob $:^ \

P.S. (edit) I will further attempt to barely express my disappointment. [snip] (edit) Nevermind. Sorry for my attitude. I don't like this time of year anyway. The bug stands on its own.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  9. Founder

Founder Hydra

I can report that I got a mysterious 'defeat' yesterday for no explicable reason (mid-turn), which was then fixed by logging out and back in again.

I today got an inactivity timeout about 30 seconds after playing a card, during my opponent's turn.

My game has also been lagging quite a lot and crashing repeatedly (sometimes 4 or 5 times a game) with the only solution being to log out and back in again. My internet hasn't dropped at any point during this time. This all started yesterday, and I can't think of anything I've done differently to cause it. The game is frankly unplayable at this point.