Arrogant Armor + existing attached card behaviour.

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Jayce, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Battle: GNO2 364

This might just be a question of intended behaviour, but I thought I'd raise it anyway.

I have this sequence of events on a cleric who already has Altruism active and has since drawn Arrogant Armor.

Azimuth heals Ibor
    Azimuth reacts!
    Altruism triggered draw for (eventTargetGroups).
    Azimuth drew Altruism.
    Ibor recovered 4 HP.
    Gary passed.
    Azimuth performs Altruism.
    Azimuth reacts!
    Your armor keeps you unsullied by outside effects.

Essentially, the last line strips my existing altruism trait. I realise it's probably the new trait replacing the old one, so in this case the newer trait is stripped, but in my mind the armor triggers and should stop the new trait being applied, in essence leaving my existing Altruism in tact.

Thanks.

2. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

The armor is too arrogant to care what you think.:cool:
    But yes it's the new altruism trait that strips the old one, the armor then prevents the new one from applying. Basically it follows the rules, I'm hesitant to call it a bug, what you're asking for is a rule exception.

3. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I have to say I'm with kaerius working as intended also what do you think happened to that poor armor to make him so arrogant was he worn by a snooty nobleman for too long?.

4. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Yeah, I'm not really asking for anything; I just thought I'd check the order, I would assume correct.

Maybe the armour was given nicer storage or more adornments than all it's contemporaries =D

5. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I think this is correct, yes.

6. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Magic, thanks for the heads up.