Apparently, trading is controversial

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Sir Knight, May 20, 2013.

1. Doctor Blue

Doctor Blue Orc Soldier

I wasn't a long-term KoL player, but I did play for some time, and I can say that this is pretty much how it worked on that game. I was having items sent to me like they were candy and the items I couldn't get from a buddy at that moment, I could just buy from the player market. It really felt like items had no value.

2. Heaviest Flow

Heaviest Flow Kobold

Trading would be pretty cool.
    I'm not going to argue for or against it, just casting my vote out there.
    The arguments on both sides are already well explained.

3. SgtSteve

SgtSteve Kobold

Couldn't there be some mechanism that would reduce bots/spam accounts, while at the same time allow legit players a chance to swap stuff? What if, when trading, the two players involved each had to have 2 copies of the item they wanted to trade? The extra copy would 'poof', kinda like a tax. This would help as a gold/rare item sink to keep supply down, and would also make trading with multiple dummy accounts difficult, since a starter account doesn't have many doubles right off the get go.

I'm not saying this is a perfect way to 'fix' trading, but rather that there are certainly some things that could be done to enable a device that I'm sure the majority of players would want. Has there been a poll yet about how desired trading is in the community?

4. Forlorn

Forlorn Orc Soldier

I do hope trading is never incorporated.

5. Robert-Jon

Robert-Jon Kobold

Very insightful topic title.

I'd love to see a solid trading solution but as long as cards are generated for free and not leaving the game, I can kinda see where the problem of inflation is coming from. I'd love to see a smart person come up with a solution for this.