Anything Builds

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Scarponi, May 21, 2018.

1. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Calling all build junkies!

So I kind of faded away from CH because of lack of time. Now my free time has partially returned, but my team build ideas have stagnated. I'm looking for ideas if anyone is so inclined. Feel free to go wild and extreme! I nearly have a full collection so just assume I have enough copies of whatever unless you hear otherwise.

Whatever is proposed I'm happy to try out, and then I'll report back here how it does.

2. Sasoo8

Sasoo8 Guild Leader

Since rocket charge is in vogue this season:

CRAZY MELEE MAGES!

Crazy Cat
    Level 22 Dwarf Wizard

Hi I have good moves
    Level 13 Dwarf Wizard

Nice Beard
    Level 3 Dwarf Wizard
    Silverwood Staff Of The Magus
    Silverwood Staff Of The Magus
    Phantom Pain
    Rust Creature Gland
    Asmod's Telekinetic Chain
    Command Stone
    Robe Of The Geomancers
    Pergop's Slippers
    Subterranean Ferocity
    Battery

1 x Gusts Of War
    2 x Violent Spin
    4 x Inquisition Bolt
    2 x Creature Of The Night
    4 x Punishing Bolt
    1 x Dwarven Battle Cry
    1 x Spark Inductor
    1 x Melt Armor
    2 x Inquisitor's Strike
    2 x Stone Spikes
    1 x Unreliable Block
    1 x Toughened Hide Strips
    2 x Illusory Barrier
    1 x Hypnotic Beacon
    1 x Acid Leak
    2 x Energizing Move
    2 x Telekinesis
    2 x Parry
    1 x Dissolve Armor
    1 x Acid Blast
    1 x Thick Hide Armor
    1 x Path Of Knives

Gotta love having the ability to rocket charge for 21/27 damage and one shot opposing wizards. Inquisition bolts to soften wolves and scout out opponents before charging in!

Hypnos and Illusory Barriers to confuse warriors and wizards alike, and plenty of parries for all.​

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Flaxative, Pawndawan and Sir Veza like this.
  3. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Well I made a run at it more or less exactly as given (was two Silverwood Staves short, but replaced with Ironwood and Elmer's Pine Staff to keep the melee feel), but it really struggled needing to be at range 4, but not really having that much defense or control. It wasn't all bad, went 6-4 over 10 games with two losses being very close. However, that included going 4-1 against good old Cardotron2000, so against human opponents it was actually only 2-3. Best win was completed by a 7 square rocket charge (20 damage) followed up with a Inquisitor's Strike to take out a near full HP warrior and claim the win. So could be a lot of fun, but was so-so in competitiveness.

I've made some personal changes to push the build, will see how it goes and report back.

Mr. Magnifico and Sir Veza like this.
  4. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

I've played melee wizards to great success before, I recommend ditching the control cards in the Arcane Items and going for armor removal and Big Zaps from stuff like Copper Zapping Wand instead. I find that control cards actively clash with what you're trying to do. Only Phantom Pain I would consider leaving in if you keep facing wizards. Oh, and if you go down the Big Zap route, Lucky Toughness is mandatory.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    Scarponi and Sir Veza like this.
  5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Zombie Hunters
    *DWz 21.1
    Level 24 Dwarf Wizard

*DWz 20.2
    Level 24 Dwarf Wizard

*EPr 20.1
    Level 24 Elf Priest

I thought I'd push things a bit and try to take full advantage of the Silverwood Staffs. So I added a zombie spark priest, with a bunch of Roots and Cause Fumbles. I figured, if wiz were causing problems just turn them into melee fighters! Didn't work perfectly, but it sure was fun to play. Didn't do half bad: 7-4 (5-3 against humans).