Anyone done all challenges for one adventure?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Sir Knight, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Aww HD23 why you got to do me like that... Now i will spend all day going for that!

Care to share any hints as to how your party looked?

Oh and to break up the negativity in this post a bit *applauds the accomplishment of getting all 4 quests done*

2. HD23

HD23 Orc Soldier

This was a couple days ago so I'm not sure of the configuration, but I think it involved 2 Elf Wizards, and strategic sacrificing of adventurers. Not sure who the third member was.

3. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Cant even get past the first map keep being killed as soon as they have 2 move cards...

4. Ryuuji

Ryuuji Orc Soldier

How about, no health regen between Stages instead of 1hp ?

5. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I can get by it if they draw very few attack cards or I draw my block cards. But then, I only get one shot at the second battle before being forced to restart the whole adventure, and I haven't had a lucky draw there yet.
    Ooh, that sounds good! Likewise, dead characters stay dead, right?

Can we do that challenge instead?

6. Ryuuji

Ryuuji Orc Soldier

Sure or else that would defeat the purpose , maybe no heal skills as well or you would just heal up between stages with 1 enemy still alive.

7. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Ooh . . . hmm. Well, there are few situations where you can render an enemy helpless and just heal more quickly than the enemy can harm you. There are some, sure. And since adventures already have variability in how many challenges are available (three versus four), Blue Manchu could just leave out this challenge for adventures where there's a "cheap" way through it.

8. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I much prefer the purist d&d way of doing it which is actually no full hp between maps so that seams fine.

9. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

Just finished the trog cave adventure's last quest(1hp) by the skin of my teeth. I did get an epic for loot, but it was a Club Of Wrath, which I've had so many I've lost count of how many I've sold(6 maybe).

10. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Any chance you could copy and paste your party you did that with for me?

11. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

Melaxe
    Level 18 Human Wizard

Azgotkazak
    Level 18 Dwarf Priest

Westdale
    Level 18 Human Warrior

The tactic is basically keep-away, try to hit them from ranged first so that when they close to stabby range, you can one-shot what remains. You'd probably do better with a second wizards over the cleric, but the wavering faith cards did help. Cards with more force bolts would also be useful.​

12. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Hmm weird i tried this but since they move as a group and i could only push one at a time i still lost one person every time...

What does dependable mail and copper wand give?

13. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

Dependable Mail gives:
    1x Reliable Mail (2 armor keep, 1+ roll)
    2x Mail (2 armor keep, 4+ roll)

Copper Wand gives:
    3x Big Zap (5 damage, arcane, range 2)

Reliable mail honestly didn't help, not enough armor for their 5-6 damage stabs, feel free to replace. Big zap is a finisher.

Also when I say keep away, I mean split the hell up so they can only approach one of yours at a time. Dance out of reach. Also you will trade deaths for one of the early ones(you kill one but lose one, usually in reverse order, wound one, die, finish off), this frees up more space for later. Kiting is the game. Load up the deck with move cards. Oh btw both the cleric and wizard has spells to make the enemy discard. If you can run him out of cards, it's safe to approach and kill.

14. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Figured out the discard thing but i was running memory loss instead of the discard 2 card which didn't work fast enough. Thanks a ton for the help ill give it another whirl cant be the only tester not to beat it after complaining so much about it :p

Ps. i still think its ridiculous how hard it is >.>

15. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

Honestly I think that adventure is the only one where the 1hp challenge is even possible to finish, with possible exception of a couple of the all-spellcaster enemy ones where you can get complete immunity to enemy attacks with resistant hide(and that still requires the luck to draw those resistant hides!)

Honestly just replace all the one hp challenges, with possible exception of trog cave. Replace them with level-reduction, all-race, or all-class challenges.

16. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Or possibly survival oriented stuff like the awesome idea of no recovery between maps i really like that one its reminiscent of the 1hp one but not as ridiculously luck based.

17. tangmcgame

tangmcgame Mushroom Warrior

How about a challenge where healing cards are removed from your deck once used (until the end of the adventure)? Maybe coupled with no or limited healing between battles.

18. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

No respawns is an interesting idea for a quest and definitely one we'd consider. I wouldn't rule out the 1HP quests yet. It will be interesting to see how possible they are when you have a better item collection. They are certainly intended to be VERY hard.

19. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I think the main problem is that the luck based margin for error is non existing in them making them more frustrating then fun. Then again having insane challenges like these are fun i just think having it on every single map makes the completionists like me just foam at the mouth. Not that you ever said you are going to have it on every map but still. Another problem i see with it is that you keep coming back to the fact that with better gear you can beat it but the main problem there is the reward is based on the adventure level as far as i can see. When i come back much later with said gear a lvl 3-4-5 epic is not generally impressing me. A thought there would be to have pizza as a reward for clearing every quest of a adventure or possibly the insanely hard ones. If you are considering giving up pizza through game play that is.

20. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Sure, I can believe that. The thing is though, that low level items are still going to be useful in multi-player due to the talent system. So you may want to collect them for that.