Any tips for defeating Dungeon of the Swamp King lv9

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by Grandaft, May 21, 2015.

1. Grandaft

Grandaft Kobold

Had some real difficulty defeating this level! tried with a huge variance of builds but can't seem to get past the 3rd level.
    All the previous threads on this level seem to have been before the big nerf and so a lot of there advice is no longer feasible.

So far I have tried, 3 dwarf wizards (firestorm) 2 dwarf wizards 1 dwarf cleric(firestorm and roots+lava), 3 dwarf priest vampires, 2 wizards (human/dwarf) 1 priest (dwarf), 1 elf wizard 1 elf warrior 1 elf cleric, 3 warriors (2 dwarf 1 human), 2 warriors one Priest. and probably some i've forgotten.

2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I could think of a couple different ways to beat that quest, but part of it depends on what you have available. Possible ideas:
    1. Lvl 4 firestorm wizard (yes, level 4), draw priest, heal priest. All dwarf. Resistant hide on wiz, reliable mail on priests.
    2. Damage wiz, control wiz, buff/heal priest. All dwarf.
    3. 2 volcano wiz, heal/terrain cleanse priest. All dwarf.
    4. Tank warrior, direct damage wiz, heal priest. All dwarf.
    It might be best to post your build(s), whether trying the above or one of your own for additional thoughts. To do so:
    1. Go to the Keep on the Hinterlands and make sure you have the build you want loaded
    2. Press F1 twice, a black text box should appear.
    3. Type partyanddecksbbcode into the box and hit enter. Press F1 again.
    4. Come to this thread and paste the results into the message box.

Pawndawan and Flaxative like this.
  3. Grandaft

Grandaft Kobold

Tried the volcano build first.
    Managed to get to the 4th level , but best i managed was down to the tan slime and 2 ochres left all on low - medium hit points

Beird enfyre
    Level 20 Dwarf Wizard

Shorty McMagic
    Level 15 Dwarf Wizard

Healy Knees
    Level 17 Dwarf Priest

4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Well it sounds like you're getting closer. I will say looking at your build it looks like you're not taking nearly enough advantage of traits. Every trait draws another card so it effectively makes your deck smaller (and therefore more likely to draw your powerful cards). Even many "bad" traits are worth having. For example, Squeamish doesn't hurt you if you're trying to kill your opponents with lava because it doesn't prevent you from casting it. I'd probably try two Hotglass Staff on both wiz, as well as a Robe Of Lightness on each. Then replace Stookster's with a Rune Stone. And use some tokenless boots that have a trait. Likewise see what you can do with traits on your priest.

All the items I've recommended are common/uncommon so if you don't have them you should be able to find them in shops within a few days. Good luck!

5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I haven't done many quests since the reset, and still had this one open. I shifted a few things after the first and second maps, but I used this build to beat 3 and 4. It would probably also work on 1 and 2.
    Doc
    Level 20 Dwarf Priest

Sneezy
    Level 20 Dwarf Wizard

Grumpy
    Level 20 Dwarf Wizard
    I hope it helps.

Blizzrd33 likes this.
  6. Grandaft

Grandaft Kobold

Thanks everyone managed it (just!)

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Something to cnsider about quests: When SP co-op goes live with the new expansion, you will be able to run available quests with friends, and each player will get a bonus chest. You might want to save some for this.