Any chance of CC payment in future?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by gingerbill, Oct 22, 2013.

1. gingerbill

gingerbill Kobold

I was going to buy the basic package then I noticed the only 2 method's of payment I don't use.

Am I missing something and you can pay by CC ? or is it planned in the near future?

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I used my cc to make a purchase through PayPal, no need for an account balance et c.

3. gingerbill

gingerbill Kobold

I don't want to use paypal , played a lot of games over the years and never had to use it and don't want to. I'd rather just pay with my CC.

4. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Sad to hear it, I felt the same myself and asked for a cc transaction system earlier in beta. I wound up using a PP transaction as there wasn't any other options (never used PP before or after), and it was very hassle free.

Andrew Talbot likes this.
  5. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Have you investigated using Google Wallet? That is currently the only other option but I have no idea how it works.

For what it's worth I used PayPal for the first time with this game. My experience was the same as Pengu1n's - I simply used my credit card; there was no need to register or make an account and I haven't used it since.

6. voltorocks

voltorocks Kobold

meh, paypal is terrible, but I'm at the point now where I gripe more if something *doesn't* offer google wallet. It's insanely easy to use, eaxactly the same effort as entering a CC except you only ever need to do it once. If it's a privacy issue, make a dummy google account or use PP since as other people have stated there is no need to make an account to use it for CH. I'm not sure what the gripe here is., unless I'm missing something?

7. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Yes, you can use PayPal without signing up for an account for using your credit card. It would be redundant to build/license a whole new system to replicate what PayPal is already doing for us.

8. gingerbill

gingerbill Kobold

thanks for the replies . If PP payment is as simple as you say and doesn't need an account I'll have a think and consider using it. I'd rather not but I'll have a think.

9. Gerry Quinn

Gerry Quinn Goblin Champion

Even if you did have to sign up for an account it's no big deal, in that you don't need to keep any money in it, and just have it use your credit card when you buy something.

Personally I find PayPal pretty convenient for accepting money if I sell something over the internet.

10. gingerbill

gingerbill Kobold

My concern wasn't security or a morale objection to PP ( no one's less morale than the CC companies) it's just it's my missus CC and i try to avoid using it on loads of different places.

Megadestructo likes this.
  11. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Perfectly understandable!