Another random idea from the Doog... NAKED TOURNAMENT

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by doog37, Jul 30, 2014.

1. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Okay so this is probably a poor idea, but I think it might be a fun diversion, kind of like play Golden Eye for the N64 with license to kill, Slappers only.

We all know games like this test 2 things deck building and game play strategy. Well what if we took the deckbuilding element completely out of the equation? You can pick from the 9 charater types, but that is it. No items for anyone. Would elves dominate due to mobility, Dwarves with high HP or would the well balanced humans be favored? A lot would be dependant on the board of course, but it could be good for a laugh or two.

I think a special prize of "naked" (well in their undies) of either Gary or Melvin game piece would be a great badge of honor.

2. The Run

The Run Mushroom Warrior

3 dwarf wizards vs 3 dwarf wizards with no gear :p sounds fun.

Squidy likes this.
  3. progammer

progammer Ogre

I just want drafted tournament/league :( Item randomly dealt to you. And you can gain items from defeated players.

Naked gameplay is no fun. Some char default slots are better than others. And clubbing 25hp char for 3 dmg each sounds boring

4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Something like this?

5. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

I had been toying around with an idea for a pugilism mode, where each team uses only warriors. Characters cannot equip weapons, armor, or shields. Hilarity ensues :cool:

6. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Yeah but no one had the idea for a Gary token in his "tighty whities"... you know you want one!

7. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Well I was thinking teams of 2 or maybe even 1 character... 2 v 2 no equipment 1 Vic Square

8. Karstedt

Karstedt Goblin Champion

Would be a fun diversionary game, but probably not a whole tournament, too little variety. Restricting to tokenless commons would bring some build diversity to the table though while still being utterly weak... I think, I'd have to look at the tokenless commons but I recall them being a bunch of low damage crap utterly dominated by the almighty weak block.

Too bad level and item restrictions can't be 'built' in.

9. doog37

doog37 Hydra

No... then it would involve an amount of build. This is strictly stock... and a terrible idea.
    I think you might have to reduce the characters levels a bit. Make them the lowest level that still has all of the slots, less hps to worry about.