Announcing the Caverns of Chaos!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Flaxative, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Yxklyx

Yxklyx Mushroom Warrior

So might it not be better to not complete it and just play the first 9 adventures over and over?

2. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Flax indicated earlier that it never exhausts, so [assuming that I understood that right].. no, it is better to complete :)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. Yxklyx

Yxklyx Mushroom Warrior

Oh right, I misread it as RttCoC replacing CoC after completing it the first time.

4. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

No this is a good question: so if you dont complete CoC, then you get epics for the 7/8/9th levels but if you complete it then you will get the normal singleplayer rare+ rewards for the rest of time?

5. 40c_rudy

40c_rudy Lizardman Priest

I am pretty sure Flax has already stated that Return to the CoC will not replace the original CoC once you clear it, so you will be able to play both over and over again.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Correct.

CoC will give its guaranteed drops every time you play its battles, even if it's exhausted.

RtCoC will give its guaranteed rare every time you complete it, even if it's exhausted. And it does NOT replace CoC; it's a bonus.

7. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Fixed.

8. BlackVoidDeath

I wasnt asking about RttCoC, I was on about CoC - but Flaxative has already answered my question.

9. Yxklyx

Yxklyx Mushroom Warrior

No experience points for these adventures? Looking for new ways to level up characters...

10. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

It's randomized characters, so giving XP doesn't make much sense.
    RtCoC is, I believe, directed toward level-capped characters, and given Flaxative's recent statement that it's 'end-game', it'll probably keep scaling to higher levels over time.
    So likewise, xp isn't really relevant, given that it's theoretically intended for capped characters.

Wouldn't mind a touch of validation to those interpretations, myself. :)

11. BlackVoidDeath

Exactly.

12. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

You'll note I'd edited that out a few seconds after posting :p
    My point had been, rudy WAS, as I understood them, answering your question- but already working off the assumption that you knew rewards didn't deteriorate.
    But I figured it was a silly clarification to try and make at this point, since, as you noted, Flax had done a much clearer job of covering the point, already :)

You can pretty much ignore my comments for about five minutes after I post them, I usually end up editing out a silly response or two :p

13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Both CoC and RtCoC will give XP if your characters are below level 23, as they are level 21 adventures.

14. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Played it!

First time, died in the first battle. Ugh. Lemme change my party's equipment, um, buttons not where I expect, just mid-adventure GUI stuff, not CoC craziness or anything, *oops,* started the next battle without changing my deck at all, let's see how it goes. Boom! Got to the seventh battle before a Fire Fiend's Fireball overcame my Smoke Bomb, and War Dogs and Troll Warriors with Regeneration cornered me.

Battle #3 was awesome, though. My party was transformed into an Argy-Bargy lookalike, an undead priest, and a space warrior!

Very fun. Thanks for the memories. $;^ ]

15. haho

haho Orc Soldier

do you have to complete the caverns of chaos in one sitting? I played up to the 5th level then decided to take a break. Came back a couple hours later and now it shows I failed and only gave me quit/restart options.

16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

If you close the window during a battle, it counts as a loss and CoC doesn't give you any retries. If you close while on the loot screen, you should be able to continue from there next time you log in. Unless you were in a co-op team, where things get more complicated.

17. haho

haho Orc Soldier

thanks, that was it then. i quit after the loot screen of the previous level.