Announcing In-game Moderators

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Except for those of us who force "use system colors" in our browser settings.

2. I've never seen any purple chat from any mods. Maybe I have that setting.

3. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

We tend not to use it for much except telling misbehaving people to cut it out, and in my case swearing at Gary in campaign.

visak13, FDrybob, Sir Veza and 3 others like this.
  4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

@Pawndawan has joined the moderation team. Thanks for helping out, Pawndawan!

5. So we get a monkey for our new chat overlord. It is also going to be the year of the Monkey this year. Coincidence? I think not!

visak13, BlackVoidDeath, CT5 and 2 others like this.
  6. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Any mods around? Troll-spammer (who'd just gotten banned) returned shortly thereafter (and the last mod had just left), boasting having many more duplicate accounts ready to go.

EDIT: Well, n/m. It appears the poor fool decided that merely exhibiting presence was enough show of "power" (amazingly sad, that,) to satsify -- and promptly left for the time being. Whatever.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  7. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

If trolls want to make multiple accounts and have each banned in order, I think thats up to them because its them who have to sit through the half an hour of SP gameplay until MP unlocks - and like that for each account :p

8. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Just a teaching moment for everyone:

Even though I haven't played a game or spoke in world chat in over an hour, I was apparently reported enough in the recent past to gain a warning.
    The first thing I did? email support@cardhunter.com

That should be the first step for anyone who gains a warning or ban, moderator or not. Don't take any chances, people, especially if you feel the warning/ban is unwarranted.

Just a note from one of your friendly moderators. Have fun out there in Cardhuntria, everyone.

9. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

We know you gulo gulo, im sure its a mistakes or so.

gulo gulo and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  10. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I'm not worried about it, but I still thought it was good opportunity to remind everyone what the process was.

Thanks.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  11. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Any comments about the quality of moderator service? I'd love to know how we are doing.

12. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

13. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

That means you're freaking expensive.

Nah, you're good man. Glad to have you guys kinda guarding the place.

gulo gulo and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  14. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Regularly people ask if there are mods online. I think having a chat command that lists the mods online would be helpful (like there is that lists the players but there are always "too many to list").

ParodyKnaveBob, Stexe and Macizo like this.
  15. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I haven't been on much lately, and I do tend to be the most active mod in chat. Maybe that's why more people have been asking? A command could possibly be handy, though.

ParodyKnaveBob and Macizo like this.
  16. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

A button subsequently, since noone asking for mods is familiar with commands.

17. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Just a 'thank you' from a family of cardhunters blessed by a carefully moderated community.

ParodyKnaveBob and Magic Elves like this.