Announcing: Card Hunter PvP Spring Season

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Oh also the API doesn't have ratings yet, right?

2. ttilt

ttilt Kobold

hi you mention that in order to qualify the player must have at least 10 games during the week. But only the top 20 in the weekly wins table qualify also right? In order to get in the top 20 winners table you'd definitily need more than 10 games a week, so I don't get the meaning of this requirement of 10 games to qualify.
    tks

3. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

For those based on Elo rating. You need to play at least 10 games so you can't just sit on a high rating the entire season.

And technically if everyone stopped playing you could get to the top 20 in the weekly wins table with only 10 games!

Flaxative likes this.
  4. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

You have probably collected the data by now, Flaxative?

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Indeed! I won't be posting it until tomorrow morning (my time), sorry.

Bandreus and Stexe like this.
  6. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Excitement intensifies

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Ok here we go. Won't be blogging for Blue Manchu tonight. Actually, going on a trip tomorrow, will be back Sunday PST. See you guys at the end of the season!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    Stexe likes this.
  8. Fyra

Fyra #1 in Spring PvP Season

SO HAPPY THIS IS THE LAST WEEK! <3

[​IMG]

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The exciting conclusion tomorrow!

Depending on my and Jon's schedules, it might take a few days for winners to receive their prizes. Hold tight and enjoy the finish line!

Fyra, Bandreus and Stexe like this.
  10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hey everyone! The spring season is over, enjoy your hard-earned break for a bit. The next season won't be starting soon—it's at least a month or so off. In the meantime, I'm going to be talking to Jon, making sure everyone gets their prizes, and thinking about what I'll be doing next. If you want to leave feedback on this event, feel free to do so in this thread, but keep a few things in mind.

1. If you've already stated a position, I have noted it. Do not repeat feedback you have already given me.
    2. Remember that there were a number of limitations on this event. Criticism like "everything should have been automated!" aren't useful.

Ok, without further ado, the final stats!

[​IMG]

Final overall standings

[​IMG]

Congrats to the winners!

PDXTai, Bandreus, Jacques and 4 others like this.
  11. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Thanks again to Flax for running this!

I think positions and feedback should be restated in a separate thread designed just for a post mortem. That way we can improve upon it and fix the problems with it for the future. And sayings like "everything should have been automated" can be useful if the API set up changes before the next season (which it should before/if you run it again). =)

Susurrus in Gloaming likes this.
  12. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

Congrats Flax for running this whole season! We know it was a lot of work on your side to make this happen, so we all appreciate it a lot.
    I also think that the suggestions for the next one should be in a separate thread, so that we can reitarate positions that may have been forgotten (not for you, but the rest of the players) in these months.
    As a separate suggestion that has nothing to do with the structure of the season, have you thought about waiting till the so much wanted balance before starting a next one? I don't know how far or close are the devs of this though, but maybe you know something about it.

Susurrus in Gloaming and Stexe like this.
  13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

One of the many things I intend to discuss with Jon. :)

Jacques likes this.
  14. Fyra

Fyra #1 in Spring PvP Season

Yes! It have been fun, exhausting, frustrating, more fun and ive got to thank you for that Flax. Thank you for the whole experience!
    Here is an adorable animal picture for you!

[​IMG]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS. I also have to thank my number one threat in this season (as of last weeks) for being kind enough to give me the first spot! (Yes, he would have actually been first if he wasnt such a nice guy and backed off the last day) Also, thank you Stexe for talking to him.

Thank you Ch33seman! <3

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    Stexe likes this.
  15. Lord Feleran

And so it ended, thanks Flax! :)
    For the last 3 months, related to CH, every week had 2 days to wait: Saturday/Sunday for Randi reset and Tuesday for standings for another week. Half of this is gone now.
    What I also loved: the season gave rating a meaning. Not a big one, only some chests unless you come 1st (and I was on my way there at some point lol), but it rewarded playing and having a high rating so those just sitting on theirs like turinturamba who's sitting on the 1st page got nothing from it.
    I'm starting a new thread for thoughts about the next season any sec since noone else has :)

Stexe and Flaxative like this.
  16. Lord Feleran

A picure says more than 1000 words, does it not?

Season.png

17. Finial

Finial Orc Soldier

Amazing effort, Flax, and a great job!

My only real additions here are regarding the community. No matter any of the objections, criticisms, or problems people may have had through all of this, the Card Hunter community experienced some extremely positive changes: they grew (both in numbers as well as in spirit), they changed (hearts and minds), and kicked ass!

And so, thank you Flaxative, for making this happen. And thank you, BM, for agreeing and providing the excellent incentives for this effort. And thank you, Card Hunter community at large for being so awesome.

(ultimatetoken)(ultimatetoken)

18. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Big props to Flax, and congratulations to the winners!

Farbs and Fyra like this.
  19. blackhand

blackhand Kobold

Thanks for all your hard work, Flaxative. This has been a huge boost to the community. I'd like the dwarven priest slime figure for my prize!

20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Thanks, guys. Keep heaping it on—as you know, I only do things like these because I enjoy feeling appreciated.
    /sarcasm
    ;)

Stexe likes this.