Announcing: Card Hunter PvP Spring Season

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Flaxative likes this.
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Week 9 stats are here finally!

[​IMG]

If anything's wonky, let me know. Overall stats coming to the season page / OP soon.

Stexe likes this.
  3. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

I'm not third in overall.

Stexe and Flaxative like this.
  4. PaladinGP

PaladinGP #1 in Spring PvP Season

Stexe, I might just have to give you the season at this point. Too many of the 1600+ players are avoiding me for me to realistically catch up. People are locking up the points and not then not playing. A really disappointing way to finish. I was online today and *8* purple players were miraculously not queueing for 5 minutes, and then in the queue as soon as my game started. The people are kingmaking you!

Stexe likes this.
  5. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

I wouldn't go that far. People probably aren't avoiding you -- they are probably just idling in the room. The fact that they queued up just as your game started (not sure how you could tell on that) seems like a coincidence more than a conclusion.

I've been somewhat avoiding you (when I'm awake and focused and ready to play ranked you're usually not on). The two or three times our schedule has sync'd up I did avoid playing you. But that's only because I feel like we're on relatively equal skill levels and a match between us would just come down to luck through card draw, dice rolling, and WW/WWE placement. Mathematically, there's no reason for me to risk my, at the time our times synced up, much higher Elo on a lucky die roll -- I'll gladly play you in casual matches though if we sync up again just to see what the outcomes would be.

Either way, you're so far ahead in overall Elo that I'll have to be 100+ Elo or something above you each week to catch up. I remember when you were discouraged before when you dropped below the top 20 and started playing Elves and other weird things... don't give up! =)

6. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Plus, you have a good chance of catching up now. I just lost almost 60 Elo due to angering the RNG Gods for something I did.

EDIT: Make that 150 Elo now... ><

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  7. Fyra

Fyra #1 in Spring PvP Season

boop

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

9. Fyra

Fyra #1 in Spring PvP Season

Just booping around. Do you have the weekly data yet? Im exceited because im going to enter #1 spot :D OH the glory.

edit: Oh please say you got the data before cheeseman played all his games, and when i was in top :> you usually get my stats when they are at their lowest, i have no clue why.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  10. Lord Feleran

Fyra, it doesn't really matter in most wins category whether you get x games this week and y+a games the next week or x+a games this week and y games the next week (unless it's the final week ;) ).

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Week 10 stats!

[​IMG]
    (let me know if anything's broken and I'll fix it!)

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Have all stats collected & processed, will post tomorrow. Work got crazy today!

13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Alright, here're the stats. Sorry about the delay, guys. 2 more weeks to go!

Week 11 Stats

[​IMG]

Overall leaderboards are in the OP and on the season page: http://sorcererers.dotq.org/season.php

Fyra likes this.
  14. PaladinGP

Thanks for the stats! I thought I'd get on the most wins chart with about 45-50 wins at a win rate of 80%? This isn't the first time I thought I would qualify and haven't featured. Maybe I keep getting the maths wrong.

15. Lord Feleran

They take 20 players with most wins. Win rate doesn't matter there. After 20 are selected they are given points using win rate and standing too.

Stexe likes this.
  16. PaladinGP

Ah, cool, thanks.

17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah, Lord Feleran has it right.
    Unfortunately it's simply not feasible for me to collect stats on every player and then run my calculations—so to qualify for Most Wins, you actually have to be in the top 20 winners. Then your score gets weighted.

In the future, the API might get buffed to make these things easier.

18. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

If you do this again, definitely ask on the forums (with a week or two of lead time) for an automated tracker. The API is sufficient in its current state.

Stexe likes this.
  19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Heh. I talked to Farbs about the possibility of him creating a new table or two based on his meta site's tracking, and he said he wasn't storing some of the data I wanted. I could have built a thing myself I guess, but didn't want to put in the time :| Next time!

20. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

There are plenty of willing coders (even besides me!) who can help out too. :p

Bandreus, Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.