Announcing: Card Hunter PvP Spring Season

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

Yeah, because everyone has 2 VPs... I'm not saying it's an auto win, but almost. Specially when having VP opens up for so many options, as with only one weapon you cover pretty much the step attacks your warriors need, so you can use the other 2 weapons to have some high damage power. If you don't have VP, any weapon without step attacks is bad. Unless you have 2 lochabers per warrior, every weapon you use has to have at least 2 good step attacks. That is the big and main difference between having VP and not having it. If you have it, you can have the movility and the big attacks. If you don't, you can choose only one of them, and the wise choice is choosing movility of course, big attacks are useless if you can't reach your opponent. VP means having in only one item 24 of step movement. I have 25 in each warrior, but between my 3 weapons combined... there's the difference between having it or not.
    So, 2 VPs + big attacks + WWe + Team Runs + some traits to make sure you draw at least one NS and wwe every turn. You don't need muh more than that, and, honestly, I can't see how anyone can lose a single match having all these. Maybe when I get at least one VP I will find out about that.

2. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Not really. There are quite a few people who have multiple VPs and they aren't near the top at all. I've seen a couple that are even <1400 Elo. Additionally, I've fought many, many people who run NS + WW/WWE. Maybe not 2 VP (usually 1 VP + Lochaber), but I almost always trounce them.

You can cover your step attacks with Lochaber + Bejeweled and still have a decent number of strong attacks through Bejeweled. Thrown in another Lochaber and you're running a ton of step attacks with still a decent number of big hitters -- or swap it out for some weapon with Reach (which for itself is in a sense a "step 1").

Additionally, you can always lose matches due to randomness. No matter how good your deck is it will always be subject to luck. Plus, some decks can hard counter other decks -- I'll be posting what would be a good "counter build" to mine along (and against the current meta) with a few other things I've seen that work well once the season is over.

You really just seem bitter and think a single item can really give me that much of an edge. It definitely helps, no doubt about that, but I think you're over estimating how much of a help it actually gives.

3. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

Yeah, that is why I said "unless you have 2 lochabers per warrior", which is still worse than vp anyway, but it's the closest you can get. If you don't have 2 per warrior, Bejeweled + Lochaber alone is not enough to guarantee enough movement for the entire match. Plus, Vicious Thrust really sucks against encumbrance.
    Also, not bitter, just answering to your arrogance that makes you think you have to iluminate all players by posting your build, when in fact it's just another wwe build with the big difference of having two VPs.
    And I do think it gives you an adge, but don't be confused, I'm not saying it's not possible to get to the top without VP. Otherwise, we wouldn't have 3 of the 5 top players without a single VP. I'm just saying that it makes everything so much easier.

4. Stexe

lol... My arrogance in that I'll be "illuminating all players"? Right... way to jump to conclusions. Either way, there might be a few tricks that I haven't seen mentioned before. At least not in any of the discussions I've seen. No need to be rude to me because you think I'm being arrogant -- that would make you no better than you believe I am.

Anyway, on the current maps, having 2 VPs isn't a huge thing. There's only so far you can move with all that difficult terrain.

I really do wish you got some VPs only so you'd see. Maybe make a test server account and roll up some stuff?

5. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

He's chasing and destroying me everywhere now!
    Loss.png
    Actually he signed up first :p

Stexe likes this.
  6. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

Lochaber is good, but lets be honest, we can't compare it to a vp..it was 2 "dead" cards. well i don't have a VP, if i had i would do a killer mf deck :p. VP is a faster way to get elo, it helps a lot in deck consistency. Well no vp for me so far and i dont do so bad :)

7. Lord Feleran

Yeah, I would definitely play VP even if its 6th card would be Fumble.

8. Fyra

Fyra #1 in Spring PvP Season

I dont want to be rude or something, but you got Xiangs numbers a bit wrong. He should only have 58.9 (with 9 in standing) or 65.3 (with 10). I thought it seemed a bit off that he had that many points with almost 30 less matches than me.

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

@Fyra, it's not rude at all, au contraire, I am very grateful that my typo (and its effects) were pointed out to me. xiang491 had 10 standing and I must have hit the 9 instead of the 0 while crunching numbers. Everything should be fixed now; thanks!

10. Lord Feleran

And not that it matters anything but TST is still leading before Stexe by a few points that are lost in rounding. So should be ranks 3 and 4 :)

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hah! You're right.
    We'll see where they stand at the end of the season and if decimal places can break a tie I'll use them :p

12. Stexe

Well, I think the "dead cards" are actually not THAT bad. I've seen Unreliable Block win games.

The big difference between VP and Lochaber is the token use. Freeing up 2 Gold tokens for 2 Blue tokens lets you run a lot of other things you wouldn't otherwise. Granted, I do think VP is the best item in the game, but remember PaladinGP got to 1900+ Elo with only Lochabers.

13. Lord Feleran

No, the big difference is the last 2 cards on these items...

Darial Storm, PDXTai, tuknir and 2 others like this.
  14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'm pretty sure Lochaber Axe is the better item.

When you beat someone with your sixth Nimble Strike, they just shake their head and go, "whatever, man, nice Vibrant Pain."

When you beat someone by proc'ing your Unreliable Block, they rage.

PDXTai, PaladinGP, CT5 and 1 other person like this.
  15. PaladinGP

PaladinGP #1 in Spring PvP Season

Yep, biggest downside of finding Vibrant Pain a few weeks ago is the amount of times I've had my win rate attributed to it!

PDXTai and Stexe like this.
  16. Stexe

Well, you got your wish TheShadowTitan. Lost a match due to a misclick on NS and a lucky enemy WWE placement. :-P

Hate how 1 loss is equal to 6 to 10 wins... =/

17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Without making this too much about me, I've collected the stats for the week but haven't processed them yet and likely won't until tomorrow. I apologize for shirking my duties but I'm going to spend the rest of my birthday evening playing Card Hunter (and or eating cake and or drinking).

18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Birthday.gif Happy Birthday Birthday.gif
    Birthday.gif FLAXATIVE! Birthday.gif

neoncat, Jarmo, Fyra and 3 others like this.
  19. Stexe

Pssh. I knew you'd be slacking on your birthday! FOR SHAME! :p

20. Finial

Finial Orc Soldier

Happiest of birthdays to you, man!