Announcing: Card Hunter PvP Spring Season

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

No matter what the player consensus is, Flaxative is the sole arbiter of the issue. It's a bad idea to crowdsource policy. Customers very seldom look at things from the perspective benefiting the whole population.

2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I don't know about official but limiting quote length has been considered good netiquette since at least the 1990's and very likely since the 1970's. If someone needs to see the full quote, they can always click the little blue up arrow next to the quote, that's what it's there for. A large quote block leads to TL;DR anyway so it's mostly pointless.

3. Please don't state when you capture.

4. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

Agree,make it random..i have no problem for it to be randomized

5. As someone who likes to nestle in at a nice peak in my rating (the last 3 weeks have seen me hit my all time highs), I am forced to forgo gold chests if I don't want to risk my rating tumbling. Prior to the season, I tended to only play for the first or second gold chest each day and farm the rest of the time. I find farming to be more lucrative that multiplayer, and it's a slim amount of time per week that I am not busy or distracted and can focus on a serious multi-player game (for Leagues I basically stay up absurdly late, which is brutal for someone whose kids get up at 6am). I feel like I can get my rating reliably up to the levels it's at if I fall a bit, but don't always have time to play as many games as it may take before I hit my zenith once more. Now with all the new content and the leagues in particular, I cannot invest a whole lot of time into multi-player after playing in as many leagues as I can while they are free, loot fairy farming twice a day, knocking out some of the new challenge quests that have opened, lurking in my keep fine-tuning my Waterways deck, etc. There's so much other stuff to do that I can cool my heels until Flax collects. Maybe this would affect me more if I was also going for most wins, but I can never play that much multi-player. Regardless, I trust Flaxative to be unbiased in his collection times. I'm pretty sure he is just doing it when he can find the time.

Stexe and Flaxative like this.
  6. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Oops, that looks like your rating right after I trolled you the other day. Sry. :-/

Stexe likes this.
  7. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

I have already said it, so I'm not going to explain again why, but I'll just say that I also prefer a random capture.

Flaxative likes this.
  8. Questor

Questor Ogre

Now that the League wins count toward the chests, this Season PvP thing is only for the most dedicated players who have a lot of time.

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

We'll see, leagues won't be free forever...

Stexe likes this.
  10. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

Well, don't forget that the leagues will be pay to play shortly, so we'll see if many players still play them as now. I will be playing more regular mp when that happens.

11. One issue with the number of games table is that it's easy enough to exploit by having more than one person play your account. This is obviously happening in atleast one instance.

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Is it?

13. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

I hope you have something to back up that accusation.

14. Of course I don't, otherwise I would have named the individual, which I clearly did not do. But the anecdotal evidence is extremely strong. When I log on at 9am GMT, this person is active in games. At 12pm they are active in games, at 3pm they are active in games at 5pm they are active in games, at 7pm they are active in games, at 11pm they are active in games. At this point I go to bed. When I get up at 2, 4, and 6am to help with the baby, they are active in games. This happens every day. I would say it's more likely that they are having some help compared to just not needing sleep because they are not a human. But who knows, I don't have any evidence after all.

15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Exhibit A
    Conclusion
    scorpion_wins is a stalker.
    ;)

CT5, Sir Veza, neoncat and 1 other person like this.
  16. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

That is really hard to prove. Many other games have a policy of no account sharing and its always the same difficult case of proving. I been trying play a lot more, but i get tired and/or bored really fast if i do many games in a row ( and speacial if i lose most of then).. will be hard to keep this up for 2 more months :p
    my point is: lets just try enjoy the game :D

Last edited: May 2, 2014
    CT5 and Flaxative like this.
  17. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Yeah, if someone was sharing accounts just to get more games in... who cares? Is it really that big of a deal? Plus, Blue Manchu can detect if someone is doing something like that if it is that problematic.

18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Then there's the case of us insomniacs. I'm not much of a threat, because if I've been awake more than 24 hours I tend to play quite badly. Got blitzed a few times that way.

Flaxative likes this.
  19. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I'm not even competing in the season, but for what it's worth I went back and looked at the first 5 days of leagues (I only played one league the final day) and here's the list of the times of day that a league was scheduled that I played a full 4 games in (all times local, sorted):

2am
    4am
    6am
    7am
    9am
    10am
    11am
    12pm
    1pm
    3pm
    4pm
    5pm
    6pm
    7pm
    8pm
    9pm
    10pm
    11pm

I'm not saying someone is, or is not, sharing an account, just observing that its entirely possible to play all kinds of day and night. And as far as I know I'm only one person.

Flaxative, Stexe and Sir Veza like this.
  20. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

I am not schizophrenic. And neither I am.

Anyway I am sure Cardotron account is shared by several people. I always see him playing.

Jacques, Jarmo, Flaxative and 2 others like this.