And in the end, we all lived happily ever after.

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Skølldir, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Skølldir

Skølldir Kobold

So seams like I finally finished the campaign, which leaves me a bit bitter sweet, the PvP I admit I haven't tried, but I really ain't a competative guy so I will just pass on that.

Now my Impressions.

The game was challenging, often times in frustrating ways, btu it was just the right amount of NEShard-ness in it that it pissed me off just enough to make me keep trying instead of just up and quitting, or whining on the forums about the difficulty.
    Every failure made me reflect, each lost encounter didn't make me go:

" Wow, what bull**** that was unfair!"

instead my first thought was:

" OK what type of enemies are those? What cards do I use, which of the cards the enemy had annoyed me the most and what cards I could put in my deck to counter them?"

This what I loved about this game - it makes you THINK, this isn't another mindless MMO where you take turns with a generic goblin in kicking each-other in the shins repetitively and wait who falls over first.

But what now? the road has ended, and I'll admit the spark of "what's next?" is what made me keep pressing forward, when I was faced with replaying the campaigns with challenges ( too brutal challenges for me min you, best i can do is pick a "no deaths" scenario") they just didn't seam all that appealing to me... I dunno I might just be weird like that or something.

So my initial feelings are " it was one hell of a ride! and I loved every minute of it.
    but until the campaign expands beyond level 18 I don't think I'll be doing either the challenges or the PvP.

So mu question is, what should I do now? I heard about custom content but I have no idea how to access it... I think I heard you can just recruits a new team of adventurers, which I think might be fun, but hwo without banishing my current characters in to the void?

But aside from that:
    Thank you Blue Manchu
    this has had to be the closest I was to experiancing a PnP game :)

xienwolf, kogi, Andrew Talbot and 2 others like this.
  2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

New characters can be added from taverns (1 for lvl 1 chars, 1 for lvl 10 chars) - and as long as you just use the "remove from party" rather than delete, your old mates are safe for when the new content gets here. I suggest storing your old main party using the store/retrieve function before doing this. Makes it easy to switch back and forth!

Custom content - you can either create or play. There are guides in the custom subforum, and a lot of friendly players that will help if you can't get it running.

3. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

You access custom content through the multiplayer part, in create custom game. Note that it isn't necessarily multiplayer, you can play against the AI. There is an introduction on the wiki at http://wiki.cardhuntria.com/wiki/A_Tutorial_to_making_custom_scenarios and if you check out the "Custom Games" section of these forums you'll find some scenarios that were built by the community that you can have a go at. I think there are instructions over there but I' m sure I or someone else can help you get started with them if you're having trouble.

I found the challenges to be good fun when I played some in Beta, so I'd recommend at least having a go at them. Fair enough if they don't appeal to you though.

4. pliers

pliers Goblin Champion

I suggest you at least give multiplayer a try. I didn't think I'd care much for it at first either, til a friend suggested I do it for campaign loot. I was almost instantly hooked.

5. xienwolf

xienwolf Goblin Champion

Custom Content is where you will want to go. Or an email list that notifies you whenever new modules and level cap is added.

Really doing the quests and PvP would just be about getting the best possible gear selection you can, which might trivialize quite a bit of the first half of any new content, and will likely be in turn trivialized by the second half of any new content. So if you enjoyed the problem solving aspect, and want that again... just kick back and wait.

But seriously... check out the Custom Games crew, and maybe help design a few yourself.

6. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

Do you get loot from custom content? (I suspect that you can't, given it would be easy to abuse?)

If you don't want to jump into MP yet (which I planning to and would advise as well!) maybe try doing a completely different set of characters and replay the campaign, could be fun! Especially that now, after you already reach lvl 18 with your characters, you are more likely to get loot which you wouldn't otherwise in the first game (if I understood the loot mechanics properly).

7. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Not yet, but who knows what the these clever devs will come up with. Maybe "Card Hunter Certified Modules" for custom content that will get loot added by the devs? *crossing fingers*

piotras likes this.