An Analysis of Racial Skills

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Jade303, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Thanks for the well-said post, absolving me of the necessity of putting on my eloquent diplomatic hat. SHAKE N BAKE

2. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

*GROAN*
    I'm not arguing that drawing a card from your own deck is probably better than ducking a Frost Jolt or Whirlwind Enemies or Bad Luck or Weak Chop or Mighty Hack or whatever random crap you might duck. Is Parry better than Duck? From my personal opinion, sure. That is besides the point.

And enough about traits and cycling. You make very good points, I agree with most of it, but learn to read! I said I didn't want to talk about that... heck I didn't want to talk about any of this carp.

I mean, come on.... this thread is not about Duck!

3. AngryUSAMan

AngryUSAMan Orc Soldier

I just wanted to add that Lateral Thinking, if played when you have no other cards in hand, does not force you to discard anything, much like Wild Run or Wavering Faith. I try to play around Lateral Thinking's disadvantage by using it in this way. The only reason that I normally include it in my deck is because it comes attached to Inspirational Thinking. If played as your last card in hand, it becomes an inspiration targetted only on the character holding Lateral Thinking.

4. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

That's a good point, it's not something that I had thought about. Still, it's not much of a difference to have Lateral Thinking + a dead card (Slowed, Mail, Unreliable Block) than Lateral Thinking + no other cards.