Amazing Oozeball Strategy

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by BlackVoidDeath, Nov 23, 2016.

1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Here are the steps on how to win every game of oozeball:
    1. Set animation speed to 99999.
    2. Start an oozeball match.
    3. Ignore your oozeball and just charge at the opponent's oozeball.
    4. No matter how hard the opponent will try to stop you from pushing their oozeball back, they will not succeed because they will have to deal with their oozeball AND your characters while you only have to worry about their oozeball.
    5. Stall.
    6. Win.
    (Basically I am asking the time limit to be set to 20 mins rather than 15.)

vitreo84 likes this.
  2. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

10 more minutes of stalling? No thanks. I think the current 15 minutes is enough.

Anyways, do you wish to continue to discuss about your time limit suggestion or Oozeball strategy? I'm not sure, if I should move this thread.

3. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Every time an opp tries to pull this strategy off on me I end up losing one or two rounds before I would win (at 2 VP).
    Move it if you want, I am just trying to get my point across.

4. Well, i did that when the timer was 10 mins. Oozeball is one of the hardest leagues and can be really frustrating/mentally exhausting to both players if they know what they are doing. Put the timer to 20 mins wouldn't help. I think the main problem is the 3 stars to win, reduce it at 2 stars and will be more easy to play.

5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

There is actually nothing that ever guarantees the successful completion of a match. It's not like there is health that is going down on characters which will ultimately result in a winner. It's possible for every round to end in stalemate. One of the best matches I had was one where both players had maxed out time (about 20 seconds left on the winner's clock) and only one star had been scored in total.

That said, I can regularly complete a match within the time frame, yet on those fairly rare occasions where you get two very skilled and well matched opponents and there's always the chance that timeout will be the result. While extending time, or reducing stars could reduce this, it will never be entirely eliminated from Oozeball.

6. I don't think I've ever completed an Oozeball without timing the opponent out and I consider myself pretty good at this game. >_>

7. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Good is one thing, good and quick is another.

I have no problem if Ooze's timer was extended, but I also don't mind that there's a league that requires some speed for those who prefer that.

When I first started playing Oozeball I lost many games by timeout, and often won them by the same method. As I focused on getting faster, and knowing the game better I started to have it happen less and less. Now when I win it's almost never by timeout, but actually getting the stars, and more often than not, my timer still has more than 5 minutes left on it.

Maniafig likes this.