Altruism - alternative card functions

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Ryahes, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Unlucky Scarecrow

Unlucky Scarecrow Goblin Champion

Why not add "When this trait is played, discard all attack cards. If the attached character draws an attack card, detach this card.". That way clerics are forced to be only Altruistic when they use this card.

I considered "When attached character draws an attack card, that card is discarded instead", but that wouldn't really solve the problem at all. It would still allow massive cycling, and would just mean the build would probably have 2 Altruism clerics along with a partially damaging cleric. (Stuffed with Inspiration on the divine items to help the others get the draw combo rolling, but the weapons would have high attack values instead of focusing on Inspiration or Inspiring Presence)

2. Mutak

Mutak Goblin Champion

Having them discard attacks is only a problem if they get to replace the ones they discard.

But why not just make it like Fright and prohibit them from playing attacks while it's attached?

3. Unlucky Scarecrow

Unlucky Scarecrow Goblin Champion

I'm willing to bet a Cleric heavy deck will get enough attachments that they can just cycle off Fright when they're ready to go on the offensive. For example, Impenetrable Nimbus, Martyr's Blessing, Unholy Wellspring.

4. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

What if altruism removed any effects attached to a character healed by the dude with altruism attached? Like a team ignorant purge. So you sometimes you would want to heal your enemies to detach a nimbus or something, but you wouldn't always want to heal your guys because they might have frenzy or something that you want them to keep. It would also help counter encumber.

5. xienwolf

xienwolf Goblin Champion

While I can think of many cases I would enjoy blanket attach removal, I can think of just as many where I wouldn't. And casting heals would rarely involve thinking about healing anymore, it would all focus around attachment watching.

In the end, just too much to think about with such an effect active for my tastes.