Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

2. Well, I thought about it at first, but Nimble Strike is more useful imho and suits the Revenge/"I'm coming to get you" theme of the item I proposed.

tolkien likes this.
  3. Founder

Founder Hydra

What does anyone think of this as an alternative to my current submission?

Darius' Reboot Bomb / Epigenetic Eraser / Volte Face (name pending - ideas welcome)
    Divine Item (Level 13 (minortoken) Rare)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    None of these cards is terribly good alone, and they're all really badly itemised.
    • Genetic Engineering appears on only one (epic and pretty poor) minor token item;
    • Destructive Purge doesn't appear on any divine items (despite not really being any more of an attack than say, Accelerated Thought);
    • Gene Therapy doesn't appear on any minor token items.
    It's not 'classic' Cardhunter lore, but I figure that someone could repair and reboot Darius (the Sky Citadel computer) with a more friendly persona, so that he can repair and reboot the genetically abhorrent Mitternacht monsters.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    tolkien and mckeen like this.
  4. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Love 'Darius' epigenetic eraser.'

5. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

What do you guys think of this as an alternative to my submission:
    Halpin's Half-staff
    Powerful Spark Little Zap Arcane Feedback
    These are all the cards that have halpin flavor text on them. According to @Pawndawan we've had far fewer arcane items than staves. I'm also on a mission to make electric mages more of a thing in multiplayer. On the other hand my fire staff will be helpful in the upcoming expansion since some enemies will be Frozen Solid

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  6. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

*Little Zap

I like the theme, but I don't think Powerful Spark is going to make it to arcane items, even though your item is level 1 and really underpowered. With the exception of Ember Burst / Kolt 45, there isn't any arcane items with high damage (2 or more) AND long range.

Jon has even commented on that rule: http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/aloyzos-arsenal-discussion-thread.7746/page-8#post-95805

tolkien likes this.
  7. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

True but you can get 2 damage 5 range (flame spit, force blast, and force cannon), which is pretty high range. Though even if that item got in the game it wouldn't be seen in multiplayer.

8. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I use the double force cannon for my electric aggro mages since we don't have access to electric in the arcane item slot.
    You're prolly right Pawn that this won't be allowed in, timeracers is prolly right that even if allowed in it wouldn't see much use but...
    four more potential sparks tho!
    With new items you want them usable but not to dominate.

9. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Because fleet is out of slot, I would suggest cowardly instead.

10. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

It's even worse, since that card is not in any items.

Here's an old post from Flax explaining what he takes into consideration when he chooses the winning item:

11. Robo11500

Robo11500 Mushroom Warrior

Yes, I went back to find that Panic is no more / only on AI charters now, yes? Or is it gone for good like that card that placed spikes in burst 1 with rang of two (so if caster did not move they two would get hurt.)

Also that did not anser my queshten... why I can't use it on boots... becoues it's a trait, yes? A yes would do same with a no followed with why.
    So Fleet can't be use on boots because...?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  12. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

The problem with using Fleet on Boots is not that Fleet is a Trait but rather that Fleet is a card that only appears on Elf Skills, meaning it's unique to Elves. Putting it on Boots would mean any race would have access to the card which makes it a risky submission since it breaks current design guidelines. Risky submissions with out-of-slot cards can be chosen but only if they are tightly flavoured and pose no risk to the overall balance between classes/races and the game, from my understanding.

The item also contains two Swarm of Bats cards which no other item in the game currently does which makes it riskier still, and the item's level would also be too high to be picked since it's a level 24 item and the rules forbid going above level 21. The rules also forbid submitting two items to the same contest and posting additional info about the item that wasn't asked for, so you should also avoid doing those things.

WexMajor likes this.
  13. Robo11500

That is true but all raises already have access to it from cards that give random traits.

The balance was change from the start... i.e. I have use the cards tha give tratits to charters lodes and one time my dawfy wizard (only time it hade such low heal, lol) would of soly burn to his death was save by fleet... (Super luck there tho)

14. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

True but they aren't a problem because the random positive attachment givers are weak.

15. Robo11500

1) Robo11500
    2) ?
    3) Weapon
    4)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

So this is ok, with the two Extra Hack?
    And what level is it now and how many tokens are needed?
    And if I replace Combustible with Flaring Torch well it still work, if it did work, what level will it be then?

16. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Giving Warriors access to up to 7 Extra Hacks compared to the current 1 is incredibly risky and unlikely to be chosen, especially when it doesn't even cost any yellow tokens so it doesn't look ok to me. It also doesn't seem to be themed around any particular named character so I don't see it fitting the contest criteria.

You should try using Vakaz's Item Creator to determine the level, but it looks to be around level 11.5 http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/vakazs-item-creator.7770/

17. Robo11500

I can only use the firth one Vakaz posted. So this one any better?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Now, all you need is making it fit into a character.

19. Robo11500

Svitlana anyone special, the smith, how long she been around, only for CM, and what class is she, warrior, priest or wizard?

20. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I like Extra Hack. Warriors need like 15 more items with it to compete with priest's cantrip