Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

How about "Sacrifice Earrings"?

2. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

I think it's a cool item, also perfectly themed. All 3 cards are present in the Blood Priest's deck, and naming the item after the distinctive red earrings of the figure is a nice touch.

The only question is if a card like Open Wound belongs to pvp or not.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  3. Interesting...

So today's Loot fairy is in the domain of Morvin!

He must know I am a devout follower of his cult due to my item submission, cause in the 1st room he rewarded me with a Gold Toupee worth 1000gp!

All hail the Morvinous one!

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Fla' tul' ence wgah'nagl fhtagn

Inkfingers likes this.
  4. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Priests are so strong in the current meta that I'm not opposed to a card entering the meta that helps shut them down, although I am sad that it'd be a... priest item.

Melancthon and Force.ofWill like this.
  5. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Yet each class is best at shutting that class down. Parries for warriors, purges for priests, counteespells for mages.
    @Lucky Dice how about the name Blood Priest's Gauge?

timeracers and Inkfingers like this.
  6. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Why gauge of all things? ._.

Yeah, that seems nice. "Sacrificial Earrings" maybe, as well.

The reason I used "Forsaken" was the fact that Blood Priest's voice lines in the game are probably one of the most laugh-inducing in the game, and I wanted to add that to the item, kinda.

Maniafig likes this.
  7. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Gauge sounds cooler than "earrings"
    This is a gauge:
    [​IMG]

8. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

A gauge in piercing is a size measurement for the stretch width of a piercing. This follows to the core definition and usage of the term gauge, which means to measure, or refers to an item used for measurement. (eg, gauge the enemy's strength, or a weather gauge). The typical jewelry worn in a large stretched piercing is a plug, sometimes incorrectly referred to as a "gauge", which actually refers to the sizing system for piercings and body jewelry that is used in the U.S..
    http://www.bodyartforms.com/help_MeasurementGuide.asp

However, even when using that uncommon slang term for plugs, you'd still have to refer to it as a "gauge earring", when not directly referring to it in the context of earrings, since, again, gauge is a very generalized term that means something else entirely.

9. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Gauge is a metonymy that has come into [edit] not so common parlance [edit] incorrectly.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  10. Aerendhil

Aerendhil Ogre

I considered :
    Bethan's Armguard
    Shield, Epic, lvl 14 (minortoken)

Battle Rage
    Icy Block
    Dropped Guard
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

But it doesn't fit the Mitternacht theme.
    So I post it here for posterity :)
    i'll find something else.

11. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

I don't think it has to be specifically be CM themed. Pre-CM heroes / characters can join the fight as well and bring whatever weapons / items / skills they happen to have with them.

On the other hand, I think that shield has few game balance / design problems.

12. Pokemaster131

Pokemaster131 Lizardman Priest

1. ElderScrolls
    2. Hu La Houp's Vicious Circlet
    3. Helmet
    4. Ready To Strike, Spin Around, Reliable Hide Armor
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

My thought process with my submission: Ready to Strike and Spin Around fit well with the theme, because Ready to Strike can attack from any direction, while Spin Around is another spinning card while stilling allowing fluidity in the kit. The Reliable Hide Armor is something that Hu La Houp would wear because A) Hu La Houp seems like a very low-defense YOLO kinda guy, and B) it stops the damage from his Berserk Spins, explaining why he hasn't killed himself off yet.

cycosurgeon and timeracers like this.
  13. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

I just wanted to say I approve my own creation becoming an official lore character.

14. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Submitted this because I want one. It's my first AA submission, really just curious how it comes out token-wise...

15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

(majortoken)(majortoken) (lv 19 because Sundering is Silver+)

Melancthon likes this.
  16. bigpotato

bigpotato Kobold

New here, and not completely sure what I'm doing.
    I know giving Ethereal Form to a Priest is a little odd, but it can happen with Walpurgis Night, so it can't be that bad, can it?

17. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Pretty sure it's bad.

18. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Seems more like underpowered since martyr blessings aren't awesome traits. I don't think St. Ulrich would likely use that form's cards.

19. bigpotato

bigpotato Kobold

Thanks for letting me know. I added the form to justify St. Ulrch returning from death. Sort of a Force-ghost thing that can only bless or occasionally take physical form. Thinking about it now, Ethereal Form could almost be a drawback, keeping a support priest from performing his normal function. True, some superior Bless(?)ings may be in order.

20. As someone who has a MP toon named "Circle Jerk" who runs with two Hu La Houps as his main weapons I approve and would surely use this item!

SceoMyntan and Pokemaster131 like this.