Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Those guidelines are valid, but if you actually want them to contribute to the quality of submissions, stop calling them "your rules".

Reint and gulo gulo like this.
  2. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I see. How should I distinguish between stexe's and mine?

3. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

None of those cards are on Arcane Items so I would definitely change something. How about this:

Booby Trap Device (lvl 9)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Basically the idea is that if you take your time and have deft fingers, the device works as intended. If not, it will blow in your face (well, actually everyone elses)

This item still has one illegal card and that card might deal too much damage to justify being on an Arcane Item. Also, all of these cards are already on very playable items.

Still, I like this idea quite a lot.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  4. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

How about not using rules established by players to determine the validity of an item to be selected by the developers for use? They have no bearing on what items people should create, submit, or think about submitting; to call them 'rules' is somewhat disingenuous.

Reint likes this.
  5. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Ok fine I will call guidelines. The devs have guidelines which I tried to reverse engineer it. Obviously following the devs' guidelines is going to increase the "chance" that the submission is going to be picked. Because we don't have access to the devs' guidelines we can only guess what it is based on existing items. Since my guidelines are my reverse engineering of it, I think they are similar enough to put trust into them.

@gulo gulo

6. Destructive Purge needs to be brought back from the dead badly. I've never seen it used.

7. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

I remember how people haven't used Greater Heal all that much. Well now they do.

8. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I had good fun with D-Purge, could be on more weaponry or a divine skill maybe. Divine items have rad bolt and rad bomb, maybe you could get away with one d-purge there, but i feel only a major token item would find acceptance with the Flaxes.

Greater Heal escalated, Evensong being one of these odd additions that allows covering functions that used to stand further apart from each other. Fingerbone and Xarol are only problematic because blind rage on dwarves is problematic. Looking at support priests, a worrysome uniformity has taken hold. Maybe we should discuss this in some feedback thread.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  9. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I agree that it would be cool if more equipment had Destructive Purge on them. Too bad this month's AA advices against it, unless you have an old submission with Destructive Purges. (Radhammer is far from unplayable)

10. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

THis months AA asks for new item designs with underplayed cards too, not only resubmissions.

11. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Truly, it's nothing personal, just for the record. It's just that the word 'rules' denotes a requirement, when no one truly knows what the 'rules' are, or if there are any 'rules' (we have obviously seen winning submissions that have been outside the 'expected'). Combine that word with 'my', and it gives the impression that you are some arbiter of the contest.

What you are doing is commendable, to be honest. However, the presentation of your actions might cause problems. If you called them 'player-deduced creation guidelines' or something, there would be more clarity and no issues, I believe.

Just my thoughts.

Reint and Wandere like this.
  12. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

What do you think i just said? I clearly stated that Destructive Purge is NOT unplayable due to itemization. (the sentence inside the brackets)

Or do you mean that you could pick some other card that IS unplayable atm and use that card and Destructive Purge on an item? Hmm, never thought it that way...

Perhaps Evil Hourglass could qualify as unplayable item? I mean Doom takes 4 rounds to have any use so that makes it very unreliable. Also the other cards are rubbish on the item.

So this is what i came up with:

The Disintegrator / ARS Module
    lvl 15 Rare Divine Item
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Obviously this would make Evil Hourglass completely obsolete, but that should happen to bad items in the first place.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  13. That is the problem. Why they can't be clear about what is valid and what is not? Don't understand the mystery of the criteria. Stuff like minimun 2 attacks on divine weapons or no cards in that slot. Why? If we can do items for change the game why your option will be discarded for a secret rule of the developers. On my point of view is more easy if they give us the real guideline of what items are valid and them we can work with that.

Also the other thing is: Are We making items to win the contets or to be playable items on competitive, campaing, etc? I don't get it. Why do an item that can win but will never used or too situational (is more a joke than a playable thing)? With that, I'm not saying that every AA items is unplayable, in fact, after "Smoke on the Water" all the other AA items were good (except AA 12 discarding amazing options, what a shame). The problem isn't from items makers, is for the unclear guidelines.

As someone said: Its so funny, all that care to pick and item than wouldn't change the status quo of the Ranked game, campaing, etc and them make official items like Evensong. For real!?

14. I saw Greater Heal used alot even before the Summer Nerfs.

15. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Minor token? That and the fact that it got TWO ranged damaging attacks will prbly be too much for the flaxes.

@vitreo84, i wish i could dislike that submission of yours, but i got faith it will be discarded anyway.

16. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

So SotW is NOT playable?

Just asking for a friend.

seth arue and tolkien like this.
  17. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

It's the best staff for Death March, imo!

18. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Well, I'm glad I could provide the best for a version of the game I never play. Ha. Good to know.

19. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Crud, I just spent an hour making a radioactive atlatl and then re-read this thread and saw this comment. Really, the main problem with d-purge is that it's the same quality as Purging Burst, and most people would rather have that (especially in SP).

20. Of course it is playable. I said "after"but I'm including Smoke on the Water in the usefull AA items.