Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Yeah, you're right. I had a Touch of Death in there but forgot that I needed 3+ or whatever. Haven't actually looked at the rules I made since I'm a bit tired from DNC and at work.

2. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Also scepter is spelled thus or "sceptre."
    Anyway, the theme seems spot on. If only Grasping Arms wasn't so broken, it could be included.

Stexe likes this.
  3. Stexe

Here's the updated one that I submitted. I might edit it slightly if some other amazing idea comes to me. Thoughts?

1.) Stexe
    2.) Saint Exe's Scepter of Singularity / St. Exe's Scepter of Singularity
    3.) Divine Weapon (Epic, 2 minor tokens)
    4.) Doom, Soothing Darkness, Nimble Strike, Sapping Spear, Unlucky, Loner
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I remember watching you nimble strike arou d like crazy before the nerf so that attack suits you.
    We certainly need more stuff with doom. It's a non-issue these days.

@Force.ofWill your submission is so powerful in game it reminds me of a certain expensive Magic card.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  5. Stexe

Yeah, I figured NS fit. I mean the item I actually designed for myself a long time ago was with WW/WWE and SPR since they were the most insane things (along with NS) back in the day.

6. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

For the record, my submission this month is serious. From the forays I have made into single player in the recent past, Big Zap has been a wonderful thing to have in adventures. I was thinking about those that don't play multi-player this time around, although I would still attempt to use it in the multiplayer arena....because you could have 120 tokenless points of damage on a wizard if you set things up right, ha.

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

8. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

Both are a bit too min-maxxed for my liking.
    The first is very powerful but fumble is unplayable in competitive.
    The second isn't as good as some other (minortoken)(minortoken) staves.

But I'd love to see laser bolt on a less costly staff!

9. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

10. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

@Kalin, Its certainly a good idea not to make laser bolt the selling point, but have other cards make a good argument for a staff that happens to have laser bolt. I like both designs. For the second one you still could either push the control angle or up the damage. Freeze has twice the card value as lets say a frost jolt, if you downgrade there you could turn the devastating spark into another laser bolt and the little zap into a sorcerous bolt. Or you bring a real handicap, Prestidigitation instead of the little zap would allow you to keep the freeze and upgrade the Spark to a another laserbolts.

Btw did someone fix the 'able blugeon' wiki thumbnail in the last day? Lol.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  11. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

My problem with the latter is that it is weak. Why? Maze is a terrible card being a D+. Which would be fine because you maxed the total value for the token range, but because of it being massively unfocused makes it weak. It true though that you can make a great item with being totally unfocused as long as all the cards are awesome. Let's take a look at what we can do with this. Little zap isn't a terrible card but it does require you to get within 2 spaces of the enemy, which being with a control card is silly. Melt armor is a great card which is fine since it works to some extent regardless of what deck type you have. Devastating spark isn't my favorite spark, but let us not forget you will have to be within 2 spaces some time if you are going to use little zap. Laser bolt isn't a bad card but you are going to have to be careful about positioning if you have malfunction inducing cards. Freeze can nearly freeze the enemy in their tracks which combo-ed with some control cards might make them go no where but not having any synergistic cards on this staff doesn't really help it. In conclusion this is a terribly unfocused staff which may be at the perfect level but the cards being all meh, which doesn't add up to a fun and great staff.

12. hello world

hello world Hydra

Just cut that devastating spark for a sizzling bolt and it is suddently more interesting, maze is probably one of the better paper level mage cards and you can probably live with a little zap in your deck.

13. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I agree that maze is worthwhile, as range 6 card able to displace characters its a nice standalone option to have.

14. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Part of my problem is: lots of cards i see as unplayable are negative traits. I'm not sure blu manchu is interested in making neg. traits more playable.
    I want to make Wimpy and Defensiveness playable for priests. I want Unlucky playable for priests and warriors.

The only positive cards i want to see more play are quick step, slippery, shield block, melt armor, short spark, and horned plates and smashing spin.

15. Founder

Founder Hydra

I think one way of getting underused cards onto playable items is to pair them with other items of a similar effect or theme, which are already playable, to give more options as part of the same package. For instance (and many of these are just reckons rather than serious suggestions):

Exceptional Rifthopping (Arcane Trait, Level 21 (majortoken))

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Slippery Slippers (Boots, Level 18 (majortoken))

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Vengeful Platemail (Heavy Armour, Level 21 (majortoken))

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Trained Acceleration (Elf Skill, Level 19 (majortoken))

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Rusting rod (Arcane Item, Level 12 (minortoken))

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Extreme Trickery (Elvish Skill, Level 22 (majortoken))

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Aerendhil, Reint and HisRoyalHygiene like this.
  16. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

These are awesome @Founder and give us alot to work with. Ive always thought Slippery and Dimensional traveller were similar enough to put both on an elf skill. I've also been wanting boots with more cantrip like: quick run, quick step, flanking move.

HisRoyalHygiene likes this.
  17. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Cant see melt armor making it on arcane items, Flaxatives odd nod to last months AA entry aside.
    I do like the teleport one and Vengeful plate.

18. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I would rather take nothing than this.

19. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Guess it is kind of mailfunctioning trap device. I was not sure, what the reintroduce a card means. Would be an item like

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

or

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

be valid?

20. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Which card are trying to bring back from the dead? Wait a second, it doesn't matter! Flash of Agony or Laser Spray breaks my item design guidelines so it won't win regardless.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016