Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Some got magic on them. Scarponi trying to unleash vampires transcends any guild reference though.

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

My idea for them was an arcane skill with Scorching Rays, Firestarter, and Friendly Fire (I really like the combo of the last two).

I also wanted a divine weapon called Charismatic Wall-Breaker, but the level and rarity kept going too high.

SceoMyntan likes this.
  3. Founder

Founder Hydra

Any comments on my item?

4. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Pushback Parry hinders the theme, buzzsaw is problematic and the overall strength might be too much.
    I would like to see flaring on cheaper items though.

5. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I can't resist because i tried and tried to help lenbear but he/she was incorrigible.

Divine skill
    Lenbear's healing
    Negative Energy Being
    Troll Regeneration
    Defensiveness

I'm not sure if this fits level requirements or if defensiveness should be switched with Loner or Hear Them Out because world chat constantly had to hear her/him out.

For guild 99 lenbears walking on fire.

Also if you're new and dont know, lenbear kept getting banned and then coming back with a slightly different lenbear sn.

6. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I think "Hear Them Out" would be more funny. Considering that troll regen can't be on a serious suggestion you should go all lols with your submission.

tolkien likes this.
  7. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

Troll regeneration is balanced by neg energy insta kills. This submission looks serious to me!

8. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

What you don't bring any purges?

9. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Its a risk to purge neg energy being by itself though.
    I highly doubt aloyzo will bite on this but its a risky item to equip. You could get two different types of invulnerability but if they combo you're dead in one hit. And with hear them out you risk making all your opponents invulnerable.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    timeracers likes this.
  10. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

since up to the point of my submission the only person mentioning my guild was Rob, I decided to repay him and I made an item based on 99k bootcamp. Hope ya like it rob, I wanted to say that in game, but I couldn't catch you

11. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Sure. Seems to lean more towards Academy Master though, a name that causes me discomfort.

12. Founder

Founder Hydra

I wonder then whether I should swap pushback parry for penetrating cut. It's a real shame that 'hack' isn't a card, as that would have been more in keeping with a wall-cutter.

13. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

That is where you are wrong.
    [​IMG]
    Live card database entry: 631,Hack,,Attack,Melee,Slashing,3,,1,,,,,,,,,,,<aia> *hacks* <ata>,,,,,,,,,TargetedDamageComponent,,,,,,,,,,,,D,,,,,,,Common,Harmful,,Implemented,CHOP,,1,,,Done,,,,,,,,

tolkien likes this.
  14. Founder

Founder Hydra

Yeah, but it's not even a monster card, and I'm already sailing close to the wind with Buzzsaw.

15. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I didn't say it was a monster card, I said it was a card in response to this:

16. Founder

Founder Hydra

Yeah, alright. I knew it was in the database as a suitably thematic paper card. It's just not a proper card.

17. SceoMyntan

SceoMyntan Fire Demon

If you're thinking of changing stuff up, personally I kind of liked the idea you first talked about in chat, the shield that thwarts popular builds— I feel like most submissions so far have gone for plays on guild names rather than the principles they follow, so that was something a bit different.

I feel like now your theme is going back and forth between meta-breaking and literal wall-breaking and that's making the item seem less cohesive.

18. Founder

Founder Hydra

Yeah, you might be right. Someone said that step moves and bursts weren't showing up in the metagame too much right now, so auto shield and pushback weren't up to much and might actually make it worse. I don't know what you people want! :p

19. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

i didnt get that you wanted to round up anti-meta cards and just went with a more scifi name... i though you just went literal like i did. Wall (Protection) Breaking.

20. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

What do you guys think of my submission?

Aloyzo's Arsenal #12: Custom Item Submissions!

Ironwood Iron Will
    (Human Skill)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The idea is mostly based on the play on words - X would, X will and the figurative iron will. With the cards, I tried to capture the feel of Ironwood in general. In terms of how balanced the item is, well, I think I'd actually use it. I think the overall power level isn't too high, but I may be mistaken.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

gulo gulo likes this.