Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Giving a cold staff Rad Bolt would be overboard, i guess.

2. billiska

billiska Ogre

It sure would be a surprise,tho.
    Btw, igloo theme would be stroger than your current submission. And also, you could use the word play: icy block = block of ice?

3. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Whos submission? MY submission? Can't be, since it's clearly perfect. It got a dumb name and breaks a few rules.

haesslicherBob and billiska like this.
  4. Changed the name to St. Nick's Gift-O-Matic 3000 6000 (better assonance) to make the laser cards seem more appropriate and the theme more obvious. Better?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    Sir Veza and Stexe like this.
  5. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

I decided to be more liberate with "cold theme" on the items and went with a cold person. How did I do?

6. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

? Post it ?

7. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Sorry, was kind of tired and busy. There ya go.

8. Stexe

I like it. Seems thematic and funny and not overly strong. You might want to check to see what token cost / rarity it would be and post that.

9. billiska

billiska Ogre

You did a perfect job on theme as usual. Even defensiveness might be okay on the theme as well... Also, is there Barge on staff before?

10. Stexe

Yes. Cottonwood Staff

I might suggest changing a Loner for Defensiveness as well too. Also, maybe a "Cold Snap" and/or "Muscle Through" / "Violent Spin" could fit and make it even more interesting.

billiska likes this.
  11. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Yes.

I remember it being a rare tokenless item.

Wizard can live with Loner, but Defensiveness is kind of harsher. You can't GoW/WoW/TK reliably out of that.
    Muscle Through definitely something I could consider, I'd have bonus points in Flax' eyes ^^

12. Stexe

Defensiveness is basically a killer card in competitive play, but is still fun for SP / some leagues.

13. billiska

billiska Ogre

Because there isn't actually a good item with defensiveness currently (and I only own 1 Tempered Flamestaff) I haven't got a chance to do MP with defensiveness. However, It should be very playable... According my experience with quick draw, defensiveness is one of the black cards I frequently choose. In normal MP, I'd take the freed up tokens to put on double violent spin boots to compensate for it... or put on teleport self arcane items.

If you want a reason why defensiveness might be better than loner, consider that with loner you pretty much force your team to have a priest ... something Gulo Gulo will not be happy about. You know, most maps have team starting close together.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  14. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

My thoughts should not dictate item creation or choice. It's not as if I am forced to use anything I don't want to; even if I was, I still wouldn't use a priest.

That being said, I like my item. If it is chosen, nifty. If not, oh well. Not a big deal either way.

15. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

Any item I would consider somewhat unplayable(due to drawbacks or cost) I would not make higher than rare rarity. Only thing worse than an unplayable epic/legendary is an unplayable epic/legendary you need for collection purposes

billiska, Robauke and Sir Veza like this.
  16. Vholes

Vholes Thaumaturge

I love this idea but it would be even better* with a stick card. Subtle Parry? Weak Strike?

*Note: Vholes Quality Review assumes that items were made to sit on a shelf and look silly.

Sir Veza likes this.
  17. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

This is actually a pretty interesting angle, though its clearly over the top. But i feel a divine weapon with destructive purge, blizzard breath and some other, more modest divine weapon cards actually wouldnt be too much of a leap for the theme.

18. billiska

billiska Ogre

Text is cooling laser but image is freeze.

19. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Guess must be freeze, since encumber is obligatory. Like i mentioned earlier, attractive cold mage arcane skills with cooling laser are basically shut down by the rules.

In other news, i changed my entry, page 1.
    Why is the dimensional traveller card slightly bigger then all the others?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    billiska likes this.
  20. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Freeze is- forgive me- cooler, anyway.
    Ahem. More thematically appropriate, I mean.
    I like it as is. :)