Aloyzo's Arsenal Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Jul 29, 2015.

1. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

$;^ D

Sir Veza and Maniafig like this.
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Thanks for the submissions everyone!
    This month we're doing something a little riskier than usual, and making an exception to print a new card.

I'll be keeping an eye out for any serious issues this introduces, but in the meantime, enjoy a new toy ;)

This month's winner is @Pyrious! Congratulations & thanks!

[​IMG]

Antipathy (Level 13 (minortoken)(minortoken) - Rare Staff)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Acid Pool! I do wonder whether it will stir up the meta or PvE, the token cost is pretty low so it's slottable in a lot of modules but the item itself is lacking somewhat in pure damage output.

Congrats to @Pyrious for taking a risk that paid off!

ParodyKnaveBob, Pyrious and Reint like this.
  5. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

I bet the Defensiveness will scare a lot of people off to change things too much, but it might help a Hex Of Dissolution focused team...

Congrats to Pyrious, especially for getting 25 twice on an item... took me an embarrassingly long time to spot it though!

ParodyKnaveBob and Pyrious like this.
  6. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

@mckeen: In a way thrice, since Defensiveness uses a 5x5 area (although I guess it's more accurately 24, heh).

Very nice, @Pyrious, congratulations. $:^ J (I can't help but wonder if this'll help cycosurgeon's efforts...)

And in case you're remotely curious, @Flaxative, when I changed my entry to a level 25 item, I was gonna go "25 Seconds to Midnight" when I realized I could say either "25 Seconds Until Midnight" (which I used) or "25 Seconds to Mitternacht" (which I feared would be too obscure) in order to get 25 characters in the name, too. Lol. $¦^ b

7. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

My humble suggestion for the next Arsenal competition would be that we take one of the unused art assets to make a new card. Perhaps the background color could be left indeterminate so that entrants in the competition could decide whether they were suggesting an: attack, assist, block, boost, handicap, movement, or utility. I imagine the card would be rare, like Ready To Strike so all that would need to be determined would be the card rules, card name, and possibly card quality. After a winner was determined Blu Manchu could itemize appropriately as they did last time with card creation competition.
    If we did this I would recommend a couple of reminders:
    1: If a trait, does the card attach to yourself or not?
    2: If a block, armor, or boost does it have keep?
    3: If a boost, does it stay in hand or attach to yourself?
    4: If an attachment, what is the duration?

Example: using the card art from launching blow http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/unimplemented-cards.10925/#post-131315
    1. y0uthpast0r
    2. Card Name: Explosive Block
    3. Card Type: Block
    4. Rules: Block Any. 4+ Slide Back 4 the attacker.

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

You know what, I've wanted to do more card contests for a while, but the last one was a bit too involved. I've talked to Jon and I think I have a plan for how to make this work.

Stay tuned!

Sir Veza, Maniafig, Founder and 4 others like this.
  9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Images with numbers:
    aa26idx.png

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

OH, and, the contest will be open about 2 weeks.

12. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

@Flaxative Is it ok to suggest any Flavor Text in the submission?

13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I guess it doesn't hurt, but a lot of cards won't have room for much if any flavor text (like if they have 2 boxes) so I didn't want to ask for it.

14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Will it close before, after, or during the anniversary celebration?

15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

After.

16. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Is there any margin of error for card valuation? Say, if someone submits what should be a Gold- card as a Silver card, is Aloyzo willing to slightly alter its value?

17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah, we can make some adjustments if need be, and it won't be an auto DQ, but it's certainly a mark against the design compared to an equally exciting, equally viable card that is appropriately rated.

ParodyKnaveBob and Maniafig like this.
  18. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

In the design a card contest you have not listed assist card in the card type instructions. Does that mean we can't make an assist card?

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

No, sorry - oversight. I've updated the contest thread to include white cards.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  20. Founder

Founder Hydra

Is there a mechanic in the game to allow cards to be retrieved from the discard pile, either in order or at random?

ParodyKnaveBob and Maniafig like this.