Aloyzo's Arsenal Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

They are fair game at any level in theory. As always, balance is an art.

Pawndawan likes this.
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

UPDATE: Aloyzo's Arsenal #2 is open!

The linked submission thread has a few updates on rules, such as being more explicit about disallowing accompanying information. Also, be sure to note that the contest this month has an item slot restriction (boots, shields, and racial skill items only).

doog37, Robauke and Pawndawan like this.
  3. Fortaleza

Fortaleza Orc Soldier

There any Bronze or Paper Trait boost (or Hybrid boost/Handicap) that Humans Skill can use ?

Having a list of the extra rules that http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/vakazs-item-creator.7770/ does not talk about would be nice (eg. no Heavy Armor in boots, etc...).

There fear to submit some items just cause of rules we do not know would make it disqualified.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  4. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

What about submitting an item that's been submitted in earlier round by different person? http://forums.cardhunter.com/thread...ustom-item-submissions.7913/page-2#post-96733 & http://forums.cardhunter.com/thread...ustom-item-submissions.7747/page-4#post-94941

As there'll be more AA rounds, the chances of accidentally submitting previously submitted item grow bigger. Anyways, I'm in a process of cataloging all past AA submissions in a spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1waPQvzkUjB8Jo72AvSRME5UkihnNYmdJJf5ekZ5njdw/edit?usp=sharing Hopefully some will find this a valuable resource.

edit: The data for AA #1 is in. Top 3 item types were Weapon (18), Arcane Item (13) & Staff (11). Top 3 cards Vicious Thrust (13), Impaling Stab (11) & Dancing Cut (10).

5. doog37

doog37 Hydra

OMG this was so hard for me to make one submission... of course I designed a human skill as I am unofficially a champion for human, but I had some good ideas for a shield as well. Almost as hard was not typing a wall of text in support of my obvious idea.

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

That's a good question, and a possible issue. I have some ideas, but I'll check with Jon before making an official ruling.

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Suggestion: If the same winning item issubmitted by more than one person in different months, each submitter is rewarded.

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

That's my instinct but I worry I'll have to do too much keeping-track-of-people's-submissions, especially once the contest has gone on for a year or more.

Sir Veza likes this.
  9. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

If that's the route you'd prefer to go, let the original entrant identify it. Something to the effect of: if someone submits an item identical to one you have submitted in the past, and it wins, you will receive the prize as well if you can link the post of your original submission (original post must not have been edited since such-and-such date).

It might also be a good idea to give the earliest submitter the option to rename the item?

billiska, Sir Veza and Pawndawan like this.
  10. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Good thing about locked threads (eg. AA #1) is that us mortals can't edit the posts anymore. :)

billiska likes this.
  11. Fry

Fry Ogre

Is there a simple way to search for a list of cards that are allowed to go in a particular item slot?

eta: I flipped through all of the Human Skills I could find on the wiki, and here's the list I assembled, in case it's useful to anyone else. Seems like there ought to be a tool or search query that could pull this up dynamically, though. Would be very helpful for slots that have more items to choose from.

Emerald
    ---------
    Inspirational Thinking

Gold
    -------
    Sprint, Team
    Dash, Team
    Leadership
    Forward Thinking
    Advanced Battlefield Training
    Jump, Soldier
    All Out Attack

Silver
    -------
    Lateral Thinking
    Run, Team
    Retreat
    Walk, Team
    Battlefield Training
    Escaping Run
    Desperate Block

Bronze
    ---------
    Flanking Move
    Run
    Block, Soldier
    Jarring Block
    Bloodied Block
    Shuffle, Team
    Parry

Paper
    ----------
    Attack, Soldier
    Unreliable Block
    Subtle Parry
    Wimpy
    Flimsy Block
    Walk* (no-equipped-item only)

Black
    -----------
    Slowed
    Vulnerable
    Obvious Maneuver

Inkfingers and Fortaleza like this.
  12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Should we go by what cards are already available in that slot? In which case we'll never get any Martial Skills with handicaps.

Or do we go by the slots named in the card database? Then we learn all sorts of interesting things, like Alabaster Wyrmhide is allowed on Robes, but Force Field is not allowed on Helmets or Boots.

13. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

Good to know a core concept I started to base an item creator on is flawed. Welp, looks like the equipment list needs to get involved in the decision making...

14. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

My opinion is that cards that aren't already on any items generally will not be balanced. I suggest you use cards that already see on that slot and similar cards also use the ones that are for it according to the card database.

15. mikey76500

mikey76500 Hydra

@Flaxative and @CT5: Since the two of you revealed the results of the 1st Arsenal, I'd like to assume that either one or both of you will have to do with the revealing of at least most--if not all--future Arsenal results. If that happens to be the case, I'd like to make a suggestion for the revealing of all future Arsenal results, If I may.

Instead of painstakingly going from the worst and the worst of the worst, skipping over what you likely considered meh/average, and going straight to the best and the best of the best, may I instead suggest a simple Top 10/15/20/whateveryouhavetimefor format, with 1 or 2 Honorable/Dishonorable Mentions every 4-5 entries?

i.e., #15, #14, #13, #12, Dishonorable, Dishonorable, #11, #10, #9, #8, Dishonorable, Honorable, #7, #6, #5, #4, Honorable, Honorable, #3, #2, Winnaaaaaa!

That's just the way *I* would do it, so as present examples of what I'm NOT looking for [i.e., OPness, repeats, etc.] early in the list [and also getting those outta the way for the guys who didn't read the rules that month], and saving the "almost made it" shoutouts for the latter end of the countdown [where they'd likely hear me best].

Feel free to stea--I mean, BORROW [ xD ] this for your results videos, as well as implement parts of this into your own format; you guys are the bosses, after all.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  16. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

@Flaxative I wanted to ask about the nature of submissions to AA. I threw that 3x Lifesaving Block Shield up on the Smithy, and 5 hours later it was submitted by someone else to AA. I am not upset nor do I claim any ownership of the idea, that would be silly. But, I want to know your thoughts on the matter. And if perhaps in the future for items I am very excited about and don't want submitted by someone else, I should exercise more caution and not throw it up on the Smithy?

17. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I think you can claim ownership of the idea when you submit to the smithy. Also having other people submit the items you want is good because if they win you can loot it like regular meaning you will get it pretty quickly unless it is epic or legendary(I doubt legendaries will be picked).

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

There's no real way to display 'ownership' of an item idea (for all we know, someone else entirely suggested it in the world chat, you know). I'd say if you want a chest for your item idea, submit it at the earliest possibility. If you just want your item to be in the game, don't worry if someone else submits it, because if it wins you can loot it.

Juxtapostion likes this.
  19. Dingding123

Dingding123 Orc Soldier

hey if someone wants to prove that their idea is being submitted by someone else they could just submit a link to the forum page with their original submission to you

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It would be incredibly onerous to actually enforce anything on this.

Juxtapostion and Robauke like this.