Aloyzo's Arsenal Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Robo11500

Robo11500 Mushroom Warrior

What would those items be and what level and power tokens would you need?

2) Cryomancers knowledge
    3) is this a Arcane Item, Arcana Skill, Human Skill or other?
    4)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

and

2) Spirit Vail
    3) is this a Arcana Skill, Human Skill, Robes or other?
    4)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  2. Robo11500

So if any card has; i.e. Armor or Block against effects that do not directly target you, it well guard the card holder from all AoE damage (for as long as they have the card)e.g. Burst, Linear, Cone, Line of sight, Affects every character within [number] squares and Burning, yes? (to the Armor's/Block's shielding strength)

And does the same happen for; Armor or Block against untargeted effects, yes?

So what I am really asking is, is Warding Lance meant to guard damage from Firestorm the attack and it's Burning is this a bug or intentionally because fire/burning is not an AoE?

So what I'm really really asking is, is Warding Lance meant to guard agents Burning?

3. Maloqi

Maloqi War Monkey

Forward Thinking is only found on Human Skills, so they don't really match with the combinations you mentioned above. All in all, the first one is most likely an Arcane Skill, and should be Lvl 21 Epic, with one major token. Second one is a Robe, and should be Lvl 21 Epic, with one major token

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Burning damage is not targeted so Warding Lance reduces it. The same goes for damage from terrain attachments, Charges and basically any form of damage that does not come from a direct attack that targets that specific character.

5. Robo11500

So does that mean Armor or Block against effects that do not directly target you, is the same as Armor or Block against untargeted effects, if so why is it being said two ways, to save space?

6. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I don't know why Ethereal Form does not follow Warding Lance, Leathery Hide and Auto Block's wording but untargeted effects and effects that do not directly target mean the same thing.

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

8. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Are those things such as the hyperdrive not working?

Inkfingers and Flaxative like this.
  9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Submissions closing on the 14th, as a reminder. That's 1-2 days away.

j3st3ri and wereviper like this.
  10. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Hm...

that's not really a few hours lol

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Why am I so bad at memory. Reopening for 2 days.

12. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

do you guys think Perfect Block should be on any card? I feel like it's really OP but hey, you could throw in drop guard and boom not so OP

13. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Perfect Block gives a lot of card advantage, you nullify the enemy's attack, make them discard a card and you draw a new card. It basically makes the enemy give up two cards for no cost, so the Amethyst quality is definitely warranted. IMO it seems very risky, it could work if the shield is otherwise plain bad but I still don't think Perfect Block is a card that should exist in MP, it's simply too frustrating to not only have your attack blocked but also have it discard another card. The enemy card discard would also be pretty meh in SP given Gary often ends turns with >2 cards so I'm only really seeing downsides to the idea.

I'm also having a hard time imagining why an idea needs to have Perfect Bock in it other than for the novelty value of having a card unusable by players, generally if new cards are introduced to players/a class/a race in AA it's because it's flavourful but with Perfect Block there's not much flavour.

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Okay, actually closed now. :)

Solip, Inkfingers, Lucky Dice and 2 others like this.
  15. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I anxiously await the next AA challenge. I propose a 'power to the peasants' contest where we have to come up with a new common item. Of course it would be helpful to articulate rarity of items for the uninitiated.

16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Or a "create a CM monster" contest.

tolkien and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  17. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Rarity: http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/smithy-build-your-own-items.7275/page-2#post-88814
    Common Requirements:
    • No rares
    • No more then 1/3 uncommons
    • If the item is a 3 card item you can't include 3 of the same card
    • Else you can't include 4 or more of the same card

18. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Am I missing something or when is Flax going to announce the winner? Also, end the holiday season already; I can't stand the holiday items. (and it's the last day of january)

Lucky Dice likes this.
  19. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Yay, holiday items: more 40g treasures in my chests. $E^ }

(I get Treerunt a lot, go figure. Heh.)

20. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria